New to site and possible find?

SteveSac

Tenderfoot
May 31, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey All!

New to the site and figured id ask for some help as my first post! Im in NY and just started getting into hunting points and other NA Artifacts (or at least trying to). During one of my hikes/walks this evening, I found this stone. Not sure if its anything, but has a small indent on one side and thought maybe it was part of a bow drill? Also looks to be worked a bit on the thinner back side where that small ledge is . IDK, maybe searching for points for the last 2 weeks has me desperate :dontknow:, but i figured i'd ask and take the time to introduce myself!

IMG_5059.jpg
IMG_5062.jpg
IMG_5066.jpg
IMG_5070.jpg

any comments appreciated!

Steve Sac

Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there any battering on the ends? It may be a Hammerstone but I believe the divot is natural from what I can see in your pictures.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site. Have you found any flint flakes in the areas you are hunting yet? That is a sure sign of artifacts to come. If you have any questions on getting started fire away!

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The hole is probly for the thumb as you would use the worked area as a scraper as you already know

A hammer perhaps, but with no scraper edge seen, why in the world would you post such an opinion as if it were fact? It's clearly not a scraper....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread