New to the forum

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
Hi all,

I am from Nicholasville, KY. It is situated in the middle of the "Bluegrass Region". Most of my artifacts were found in central ky on my grandfather's farm while I was growing up. I am very lucky in the fact that the present owners of the farm gave me permission to look for artifacts, fish, and hunt on what is my grandfather's old farm and their other farms that surround it. Here are some of the artifacts that I have found on the farms (all were found surface hunting). I'll try to post a few more later. Hopefully, I'll have some new stuff to post soon!

Attachments

• Picture 153.jpg
    Picture 153.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 200
  • 5-29-06_1.jpg
    5-29-06_1.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 192
  • Picture 058.jpg
    Picture 058.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 191
Upvote 0

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
Welcome my friend!

that's some really nice "HARDWARE" you have there. Those celts are BEAUTIFUL!

keep your eyes on the ground

xstevenx

OP
OP
Adena_man

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
Thanks for the posts! I can't wait to get out into the fields again. I missed out on last fall's hunting season due to surgery, so I am really "geeked up" for the spring plowing season. The site's that I have are mainly Archaic and Woodland. There have been a lot of Adena points come out of the fields. I found the base of what would have been an awsome dovetail that was made out of a colorful Boyle Chert. I pulled it out of the ground to find that it was broken in half! Very disappointing. Oh well, there's bound to be a good one in there somewhere. I look forward to seeing everyone's new finds!

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
I'm waiting for a plow too. We've got a blizzard here at the moment, but in 2 weeks it should be about 50 degrees acording to the forecast... but how often are they right. All of my finds come from the same 5 acre field. Can't wait to see your stuff!

xstevenx

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, nice collection, & welcome, Fossis............. HH

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keep that Dovetail! I found the 2nd half to a point 2 years after finding the 1st. half. Really nice axes. Keep it up!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread