New to the hobby!

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
Thank you everyone for all your input! I ended buying myself an MXT Pro directly from White's. It came with the 10" DD coil, and I also picked up a 4x6 Eclipse for prospecting, and a 9.5" 950 Eclipse because I heard that was a fun coil, easy to use, and a good all around coil. Thoughts? I also picked up coils for each of the coils too as I want to take good care of everything.

Good assortment. You'll like the MXTPro - 950 is the most stable best pin pointing coil I have ever used.

Sent from my BNTV600 using TreasureNet

OP
OP
baseballjeff

baseballjeff

Greenie
Mar 20, 2014
Your in Alaska, buy local, for if you ever need help, warranty, or accessories. AMD (alaska Mining, and Diving supply)

Not always that easy up here. They are roughly a 5 hour drive from my home, and with a 5.5 month old at home it's not as easy to do a power trip just to goto a store, and they don't been have an MXT Pro in stock. Though I do like to buy local, but not always.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not always that easy up here. They are roughly a 5 hour drive from my home, and with a 5.5 month old at home it's not as easy to do a power trip just to goto a store, and they don't been have an MXT Pro in stock. Though I do like to buy local, but not always.

Can't you just order it from them locally and have it shipped to your door? Ice road truckers maybe? :)

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jeff I would also buy the sef 6x8 butterfly coil.Great depth and separation.I only use this coil on my mxt pro.It is lightweight and all around superb coil.Kellyco has them.Woops, sorry double post......................

Last edited:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jeff invest in a sef 6x8 butterfly coil.Great depth and separation.I only use this coil on my mxtpro.Kellyco has them if interested.You cant go wrong with the mxtpro great machine along with earlier mxt 300.Not telling you what to do just a little advice.Enjoy your machine.Sorry, double post.......................

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread