What's new

New to the site, Please help

Jspec921

Tenderfoot
Joined
Sep 11, 2012
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just moved to Fort Walton Beach Fl. and I have only been in the hobby for about 6 months now. I hunt the beaches here but I have not found anything! In Georgia I could hunt around old sites and find a few interesting things, but everything around here doesnt seem very old. If anyone has any ideas for me I would appreciate it, or maybe can tell me what Im doing wrong beach hunting. Thanks in advance. Would also like to know if anyone hunts around this area, I could use some company other than the wife who quickly gets bored and wants to leave.
 
You may want to check the FL forum board and maybe get lucky there :icon_thumright:

My only other suggestion is to go anywhere there is dirt and people :laughing7:
 
What kind of detector are you using, and where at beach are you hunting, dry sand, wet sand, in the water, or all?

Beach detecting it is the same as land detecting as far as "you have to get the coil over a nice target to find a nice target?.
 
Welcome to Tnet. can't help ya on beach hunting, I'm in MO
 
Head over to the east coast...tons of MDers are waiting for Sandy to pass and hoping to find really old stuff from old ship wrecks.

Generally though the nature of beach hunting means you'll be finding newer stuff. One thing that I found useful in searching my favorite Lake Michigan beach, is to observe the patterns of where people set up their towels/tents/portable home (seriously some people bring way to much for an afternoon on the beach). Beach Volley Ball pits are supposed to be a good source of lost coins/jewelry. Personally though I've never had luck with them. If your machine works in salt water, get out in the water and start hunting for those lost rings.

I know parts of Florida history goes back to almost the day Columbus landed. I'd go to the library and pick up some books on Florida history...check the kids/teens section too...my 4th Grade Indiana History book was great.
 
thanks for the tip.

Im using a garrett ace 250 with a stock search coil. Want to upgrade, just have to wait to get the funds in order.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom