New to THing in Norfolk VA

derekbob24

Aug 5, 2008
Norfolk, Virginia
I recently became interested in this and finally got the money to spare to get a detector. I got a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV (good?) Anyway I went to a beach today after getting it and really didn't find much of anything it was sort of disappointing and sucked being by myself. I would like to go somewhere besides a beach but there is really nowhere just because everything is either private or has buildings on it. I found 38 cents today though so it wasn't a total loss. Is there anyone around this area that can help or would hunt with me? Or does anyone know of any good areas around here or even Williamsburg?

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should join us in October at the Pipsico Hunt. It is in Spring Grove, VA in Surry County. This will be our fourth hunt here and the location never disappoints. It is currently a boy scout camp, but has history dating back to the 1700s. Finds have ranged from late-1700s to the present, including plenty of silver coins.

It is a good group of Tnetters every time, with a wealth of knowledge and some damn fine food. The date for the next hunt has not been finalized, but hopefully it will be the weekend of October 17-20 (Ann I am counting on this since there is no WVU game that weekend lol). Here is a link with some more information.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,150549.0.html

Anyway, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread