Chesterfield/Powhatan County questions

Ghalt

Greenie
Aug 3, 2008
I'm new. I want to start with "tot lots" per my reading of this forum so far, so I can get some practice.

I assume that means playgrounds at both schools and parks.

Anyone know the rules for hitting those spots in Chesterfield/Powhatan county? I've read that Richmond City parks are off-limits for MDing, but want to know about the outlying counties, and can't find laws online that make it clear.

I'd love to start with some cladding just to get used to my Prism III. Eventually I'd love to find some CW bullets.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :thumbsup: :tongue3: STARBUCKS! "Google" Metal Detecting Law(s) in Virginia; last time I looked, you could get specific info, like in Powhatan County, etc. :wink: :coffee2: :thumbsup: :tongue3: :icon_study: :icon_sunny: 8)

OP
OP
G

Ghalt

Greenie
Aug 3, 2008
I had already tried that. With variations of phrases, I come up with a thread here on TNET in the Legal forum (which only addresses Richmond City), some guy's blog that basically says that metal-detecting anywhere in VA will get you arrested, and then a bunch of junk about county schools putting metal detectors in. :)

I'll keep trying, but I'm pretty sure that some of the MD-ers here will know. Hopefully. Either that or they're being sneaky!

outdoors2i

Greenie
Mar 25, 2008
Henry Co, VA
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX w/ x-1 probe & sunray pro phones
The very best way to find out about the laws pertaining to any county that you are wanting to metal detect in is to go talk to the county sheriff's department. Then if there is a city in that same county go talk to the city police department. They(city) will refer you to the city manager's office. Pretty simple and don't be shy. In fact when I did this in my county and local city, I was surprised that they both told me that NO ONE had ever asked them anything about what metal detecting laws were on the books! Needless to say, this paid off in LOTS of public places and areas to detect in and also gave me a number or 2 to call and let them know that it was me and I would be at so and so place detecting that day but that only concerned one area of the city/county. Good luck and HH :) :o (Only thing they said was to be sure and fill in your holes) :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread