new to TNET

jimmy28303

Feb 18, 2009
Williamsburg, VA
I just found this sight and thought i would join. I was introduced to CRH by my uncle about 2 months ago and am ADDICTED!!!!!! Also i wanted to take a second to vent and tell what i thought was a funny story to say hello.
I went to my bank today that I always get my halves from and got some presidential dollars. Why i was there i asked if they had any halves and the lady two stations down said she had a handful so i told her i would take them. She said, "whats up with these, everybody seems to want them?" Usually i will kinda lie cause i dont want any competition but she seemed nice enough so i said, "some of them are valuable and the ones made in the 60's are silver" That dang woman proceeded to come over RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME and pull out 4 silvers and hand my teller the rest! I asked about the ones in her hand and she said, "Oh, im gonna keep these" long story short i went to the bank manager, got my 4 silvers and left thinking that i just found a new dump bank! I came back 2 hours later with $2200 in halves that i had not returned yet and handed them to the teller that did it. She took them very upset and after she was done I asked her to close my account! It doesnt really matter cause it was a account i had just to get coins from the bank. The nerve of some people! GRRRRRRR

Upvote 0

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Well Jimmy....first welcome. Yeah that teller reacted poorly but she was probably just excited at finding silver. She should not have been so greedy as to do that right in front of you. She should have waited for the next batch. No more sharing the secret though, more for us.

Golden Silver

S

seger98

Welcome to Treasure Net, better off lying to them as to why you want them, I think most just say they collect coins & need some different dates for their books!

Chris

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
I never mention silver and only offer up that I collect them and search for Errors. :-X And go on how I spend Way too many Hours looking at dirty Coins.! :icon_scratch: :BangHead:

And than say, How stupid is that? :tard: My hobby though! :dontknow:

:nono: Do not Educate tellers that you don't know.

Mojo

Bank Runner

Jan 10, 2009
Never educate a teller. If you mention anything, mention double die errors and "no FG" coins. These are things that tellers will almost never take the time to look for.

If you turn a teller into a coin roll hunter, another bank dries up for everyone.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i have another that works well, tell them that you are looking for one of those halfs with missing tail feathers on the eagle. and go on and on about how valuable and rare they are....got several tellers believing that they exist :D :D

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have another that works well, tell them that you are looking for one of those halfs with missing tail feathers on the eagle. and go on and on about how valuable and rare they are....got several tellers believing that they exist

Wow I thought I had an original thought on this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread