New to TresureNet. Great find today! I think?

RocknRolla

Greenie
Oct 26, 2014
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello All,

New to TreasureNet and I had my best find today metal detecting...or at least I think it is. Starte detecting about a year ago and got instantly hooked! I started coin roll hunting a few months ago and have been doing very well with dimes...ok with halves. Today I found my first "non junk" ring...I've pretty much been a coin shooter because...well it has a lot of return...from a quantity aspect. I decided Thursday to switch it up and start digging everything. After detecting Friday, Saturday and today it paid off. Here it is...let me know what you think. 13 grams found 2.5 inches deep in a soccer field and says PLAT 950.

image.jpg

Last edited:

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome RocknRolla. Great find!
Platinum is a tuff find. Kinda reads like foil. Thankfully you took the chance. Hope you find more.
I've started CRHing a bit recently. Cents. In hopes of finding semi-key date Wheat's. Slim pickins' thus far.
GL
Peace ✌

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
P.S.
I was going to suggest you post this on Today's Finds. I see you have.
Peace ✌

OP
OP
R

RocknRolla

Greenie
Oct 26, 2014
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks all! Yeah I just signed up so I wasn't sure where to post. I dug a ton of foil and tabs today but it was totally worth it. I said to my girlfriend last night that I was going to find something nice now that I switched my style up a bit. I never thought it would be this quick or this nice. I couldn't believe it and I honestly thought it meant Plated 950 at first but then though about it and realized what I found.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, I once dug a 14k P ring. I incorrectly thought the P indicated plate. To my enjoyment, P means "plumb", or exact. IOW, the 14k was exactly 14k.
GL
Peace ✌

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread