New treasure theory?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing to do with Oak Island that happened on Tancook Island? Similarities but wrong island. The old dowser was using a silver German Thaler and all he found was silver. If he had used gold for a "witness" he may have found gold. Tancook Island lays at the entrance to Mahone Bay so it was a good location for pirate treasure. It was also a very large island.

There was another book written a lot later about an Island with a Curse. They made a movie from the book called "Deeply" I have the original book and the movie. It was made on East Ironbound Island.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
All the Sinclairs were Templars.
Hell they were the Grandmasters of the Templars...
Don't you really mean Grandmaster of Scottish Freemasons?
Which, only William St Clair of Roslin was Grandmaster of in 1736-1737.
It seems you have bought into Andrew Michael Ramsey's ( mentor to Charles Edward Stuart) statement, "Every Mason is a Knight Templar", or Thomas Sinclair's 1892 campaign of promoting ancestor Henry Sinclair as a Templar and discoverer of America, which was never taken as serious.
Then in 1992, another descendant, Andrew Sinclair, started these claims again, and of course, there is claimed descendant, Diana Jean Muir with her found "Sinclair journals" pushing this pseudo alternative history.
There are many real British historians that have proven with documents that Sinclair was NOT a Templar.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is more proof that the Jews killed Kennedy than of any Templar or Mason involvement with Oak Island. There is nothing that ties the Templars or Masons to Oak Island. It is a historical fact that Jacob Rubenstein (AKA Jack Ruby) silenced Oswald before he could talk!
You got that right about Ruby.

Pubmech

Nov 16, 2019
Miami
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could the so-called "Money Pit" really be nothing but a man-made reservoir to hold some of the water from the Swamp when the Swamps plug is pulled?? And then to refill the Swamp using gravity AFTER those who created this ingenious system were done doing whatever they were doing in the Swamp? This is precisely why the creators of this unique "Bank Vault" or '"Ship Yard" - whatever, didn't even bother trying to hide the "Swamp Water Holding Tank Hole" - aka: Money Pit.

Also, the "Flood Tunnels" could have been used to let most of the Swamps' water in and out using the Tides.. The rest I believe the Money Pit could have handled..
Also, after reading other theory's about the Swamp as being an old British Navy Ship Yard and/or Ship Repair Yard, I think it makes more sense to me now that the swamp was used as a Dry-Dock in which they would have needed to sail a Ship in to the Swamp area, drain the water, repair/build the ship(s), quickly refill the Swamp and then sail it out to the ocean - repeat... Basically just how they do it today, accept they were using gravity, gaint water holding tanks and Tide Tunnels to move the water in and out instead of modern pumps.

It's not as glamorous as treasurer of course, but it seems to make a lot more sense after reading the some of the theories on OI being nothing more than a Ship Yard of some sort for the Brits most likely.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
#1 - the swamp is lower than the top of the area where the pit was. Why not just "refill" with easy to find seawater?

#2 - how do you get the water up to it?

#3 - it fills with ground water anyway - how much swamp water could be added?

#4 - how do you keep a pit that size from just collapsing without a strong lining? (I guess you don't - that's why the "kids" just found a shallow depression in 1795).

#5 - if it was 200 ft deep and 6 feet around that's 42,000 gallons. Three good size home swimming pools. How large is the swamp?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Money Pit was nothing but a worked out mine that had been filled back it to keep it from further collapsing. The other two depressions were air shafts that were filled back in. Nothing but a mine. The real treasure they need to be looking for is only 150 to 180 feet from high tide down at the SSE end of Oak Island. Near where they found the Stone Triangle. The treasure was buried at a depth of about 22 to 30 feet at the most. KT treasures were mostly 6 feet for small treasures and 22 feet for large treasures.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... I have seen Sir Henry Sinclair's handwriting about the wreck of his ship in 1398, the Saint Katherine on Dog Island in Saint Katherine Bay as he named it later.
Saint Katherine Bay today is Mahone Bay.
Sir Henry Sinclair wrote his Journals in Latin.
Are you claiming to have actually seen Sir Henry Sinclair's handwritten in Latin journals?
Didn't Diana Jean Muir claim his journals were written in Middle English, which she mistakenly called "Old English"?

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Are you claiming to have actually seen Sir Henry Sinclair's handwritten in Latin journals?
Didn't Diana Jean Muir claim his journals were written in Middle English, which she mistakenly called "Old English"?

Hmm, that was from back in August. Musta got bored ah?

Zom

Dec 8, 2019
USA
Detector(s) used
1975 White Discriminator. Sorry, my metal detector days are over.
Primary Interest:
Other
The Money Pit was nothing but a worked out mine that had been filled back it to keep it from further collapsing. The other two depressions were air shafts that were filled back in. Nothing but a mine. The real treasure they need to be looking for is only 150 to 180 feet from high tide down at the SSE end of Oak Island. Near where they found the Stone Triangle. The treasure was buried at a depth of about 22 to 30 feet at the most. KT treasures were mostly 6 feet for small treasures and 22 feet for large treasures.

The depression in the shore line near the old stone triangle is intriguing since I can find no similar circular depression in neighboring islands. So is the cave in pit near Smith's Cove.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Diana saved one page in Latin writing of Sir Henry Sinclair. The language changed as the generations went by. In 1600's it went to old English and in the 1700's to Plain English. You must remember this was about 14 generations or more. I do not remember the exact number. The Maps were dated MCCCXCV by AZ Antonio Zeno.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Diana Jean Muir stated that she found handwritten copies allegedly copied from the original source, not the originals.
Therefore the "saved" Latin page was not written in Henry Sinclair's hand, nor was the dated map in Antonio Zeno's hand.
Discussing the language and syntax in the "Sinclair Journals" photocopies, Scott Wolter said, " We have had qualified experts look at the Latin and Old English, their opinion the writing was likely copied in more recent times, most likely the 1850's".
English language experts would have corrected the term, "Old English", which faded away after the 1066 Norman Conquest with some words incorporated to what was spoken and written in the 14th century called "Middle English", Chaucer's CANTERBURY TALES a prime example of Middle English.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Believe what you will. I located the Oak Island Treasure. You want to go up and help dig it up? It is on the opposite end of Oak Island.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Believe what you will. I located the Oak Island Treasure. You want to go up and help dig it up? It is on the opposite end of Oak Island.
On one post you said the Pilgrims recovered this treasure in 1620, then on another post claimed the Founding Fathers removed this treasure before the Revolution, them there is Weems and band removing the treasure.
So many treasures on Oak Island that you have claimed to have been recovered, still another you located on the opposite end of Oak Island.
I think I'll pass on helping to dig it up.

OP
OP
Al D

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
On one post you said the Pilgrims recovered this treasure in 1620, then on another post claimed the Founding Fathers removed this treasure before the Revolution, them there is Weems and band removing the treasure.
So many treasures on Oak Island that you have claimed to have been recovered, still another you located on the opposite end of Oak Island.
I think I'll pass on helping to dig it up.
Maybe it was his clones, :laughing7:

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi What bright colour is your sandpit bucket and shovel ? TP

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
All the Sinclairs were Templars. Hell they were the Grandmasters of the Templars.
That is up until a Henry Sinclair that could not perform his duties. He could hardly do anything.
Then it fell to his sister Katherine and she passed it down through the Wemyss Family. You can believe your history books all you want...
Hugues de Payens visited England and Scotland in 1128 to set up Templar temples, and as history has shown, visited with Sinclair at Rosslyn.
It is not known if Sinclair became a Templar, or that his sister, Katherine married Hugues de Payens and had his child, for de Payens was already married with a wife in France. Much that has been attributed to the Sinclairs has been considered myth, legend, and lore, created by Sinclair descendants Thomas Sinclair in 1892, Andrew Sinclair in 1992, and now with Diana Jean Muir, claiming to be a descendant with her "found" Sinclair Journals.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I said before believe what you will. We come on this site to discuss possibilities. We all have not made our mind up about everything and every treasure as you have.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As I said before believe what you will. We come on this site to discuss possibilities. We all have not made our mind up about everything and every treasure as you have.

That's true. I am skeptical but open minded. So far I am unconvinced much treasure ever did nor any treasure currently is buried on Oak Island. But when evidence comes forward it will require analysis, determing the relation with any other evidence, and then categorization, and undoubtedly a change of opinion if it seems valid.

I dislike when someone goes in to prove what they already believe. Because invariably they have a bias on what the evidence may otherwise show. i.e. On Oak Island any surface evidence was destroyed because it could be seen there was no treasure on the surface so it was just cleared away. Repeatedly. I let my subscription to Biblical Archeology expire because they had an agenda of proving the existence of Biblical "history" rather than examining the evidence objectively. At least they were up front about it. So now I read Archeology.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread