New trommel

opalboy

Nov 3, 2012
Cabin fever turned to gold fever this winter, and I bought a brand new Gold Fox trommel.
My main digger and I drove 100 miles to check it out in Denver on Clear creek. I used 2 - 2000 gph pumps, and man we could really go through some material, it worked flawlessly! I can't wait to try some with some clay. We definitely found some small gold, so bigger will be no problem. I still wake up in the night to echos of "more paydirt!"
IMG_4667.jpg

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Did you check (pan ) your tailings to see if your losing any gold 1 The last time I dredges Clear Creek ( 15-20 years back with my 2 ich Proline)There was a lot of Mercury all over the fine gold we pulled out !

OP
OP
O

opalboy

Nov 3, 2012
Did you check (pan ) your tailings to see if your losing any gold 1 The last time I dredges Clear Creek ( 15-20 years back with my 2 ich Proline)There was a lot of Mercury all over the fine gold we pulled out !
I didn’t check it and I should have but I was exhausted! I’m sure we were losing some, I saw a few with mercury, not too many. We definitely found gold in the mats, maybe as much as the “nugget trap”. It was our first run so we will be experimenting with angles and run times before clean out. It was fun!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread