New user...Question about collecting civil war tokens

Collectingfiend

Greenie
Oct 15, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
How many of you buy Civil War tokens off ebay? Is there a good place to buy Civil War tokens off of that is a legit site? DO you think civil war tokens are just as valuable as any other U.S. coin if not rarer among our collecting community? I would like to know more information because I am starting to get into Civil War tokens and other relics. I have mainly been collecting coins for the past 4 years. I am 22 now.

If you have a serious interest in Civil War tokens, consider joining the Civil War Token Society www.CWTSociety.com - Their publications (such as the Patriotic Civil War Tokens book and the soon-to-be-totally-redone Civil War Storecard book) are invaluable. The Quarterly CWT Journal usually has auctions, and ads from buyers/traders/sellers.

As far as rarity, almost any token is rarer than the average coin. The greatest rarity in tokens, though, won't hold a candle in value to many rare coins. The law of supply and demand works in numismatics...

John in ID

idahotokens said:
If you have a serious interest in Civil War tokens, consider joining the Civil War Token Society www.CWTSociety.com - Their publications (such as the Patriotic Civil War Tokens book and the soon-to-be-totally-redone Civil War Storecard book) are invaluable. The Quarterly CWT Journal usually has auctions, and ads from buyers/traders/sellers.

As far as rarity, almost any token is rarer than the average coin. The greatest rarity in tokens, though, won't hold a candle in value to many rare coins. The law of supply and demand works in numismatics...

John in ID

I really don't have any money to pay $15 a month for a news letter. I would rather get advice for free. :) Most of my money goes to bills.

I think it is only about $20 a year to join CWTS, and there auctions are about as legit as you can get for buying Civil War tokens!

They're real cool lookin i must say. if i had the money i would definatly get some

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back