Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pretty good video. For it's price point. it does a lot of functions. Has anyone done an air test just to get an idea of depth?

Check out all the customization settings the V80 has.

Last edited:

Metalfisher

Jan 2, 2022
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Discovery 3,Discovery 3300, Fisher f70, Nokta Gold Kruzer, Garrett GTI 2500, XP ORX.
Pretty good video. For it's price point. it does a lot of functions. Has anyone done an air test just to get an idea of depth?

Check out all the customization settings the V80 has.

I paid nearly 1k but I really love the front screen with all the running information. I started with the small coil as I'm in a trashy park, and have been trying to find my wife's grandmothers ring that's been there for 15 years. I've been finding rings with the deus2, v3i, Legend, and the manticore, but not my wife's ring. The small blizzard coil has great separation as all the new machines and though I didn't set it up for a lot of depth, it is comparable to the others. I'm recharging the v80 now and will go out for a abandoned mental hospital grounds and will find out on the large coil. I really love the quest pinpointer that I can't bring myself to want to use the current pointers, and I'm really satisfied with the v80 in a trashy park because of the ease of use and monitoring aspects on the front screen, a lot of information all in one screen. The sensitivity is very suseptible to EMI I've had to run it mostly in the upper 70's to mid 80's. In hyperQ. But functionally it is a very nice operating machine I really enjoy it. I doubt the depth in the large coil isn't going to be manticore or deus2 but for trashy area it'll be great. Also I'm a sucker for black and orange anodized.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I paid nearly 1k but I really love the front screen with all the running information. I started with the small coil as I'm in a trashy park, and have been trying to find my wife's grandmothers ring that's been there for 15 years. I've been finding rings with the deus2, v3i, Legend, and the manticore, but not my wife's ring. The small blizzard coil has great separation as all the new machines and though I didn't set it up for a lot of depth, it is comparable to the others. I'm recharging the v80 now and will go out for a abandoned mental hospital grounds and will find out on the large coil. I really love the quest pinpointer that I can't bring myself to want to use the current pointers, and I'm really satisfied with the v80 in a trashy park because of the ease of use and monitoring aspects on the front screen, a lot of information all in one screen. The sensitivity is very suseptible to EMI I've had to run it mostly in the upper 70's to mid 80's. In hyperQ. But functionally it is a very nice operating machine I really enjoy it. I doubt the depth in the large coil isn't going to be manticore or deus2 but for trashy area it'll be great. Also I'm a sucker for black and orange anodized.
I seen your post on FMD can you please answer the question I ask you over on FMD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions