New VX3 or Used V3i ?

kamogawa

May 29, 2011
I am thinking about getting either a new VX3 or a used V3 or V3i. I have saved enough
where I think I am about ready to buy one or the other. I am teetering on the
edge and don't know which would be better. I am afraid that I will regret not
getting the V3i because I won't be able to program it for different search types.

What does everyone suggest?

I haven't seen many used ones out there.

Thanks!

kamogawa said:
I am thinking about getting either a new VX3 or a used V3 or V3i. I have saved enough
where I think I am about ready to buy one or the other. I am teetering on the
edge and don't know which would be better. I am afraid that I will regret not
getting the V3i because I won't be able to program it for different search types.

What does everyone suggest?

I haven't seen many used ones out there.

Thanks!

I own 2 v3Is and you would have to pry it out of my cold dead stiff fingers,The vx3 is a good machine however how long will it be befor you are ready to upgrade again?With the V3I you dont have to worry about upgrading as it will satisfy for a very long long time.The VX3 is a Dumbed down V3I JMHO

If the complexity doesn't bother you, I'd go for the V3i also.
I've had mine less than two months and never had a detector that was complex but I've picked up on it ok. (Did have an IT background though).
If you really like fiddling with settings then the V3i is for you. I actually don't play that much with the settings but do when I get a new site. I design the detector for that site and then keep the settings mostly there.

They are built well so I don't think a used one would be that bad. Also, when and if they upgrade the V3i you can send it in. I'm not sure there will be a major upgrade for the VX3 due to it's simpler nature. (However, it's not a simple detector, just much less adjustability).

Either way I think you will mostly be happy. Look at the specs of both before you make your decision.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back