What's new

new way to coin roll hunt!!!!

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
4,949
Reaction score
2,326
Golden Thread
0
Location
NorthWest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
today I was detecting at an elementary school, get a signal that is so strong I can't ignore it..... :laughing7:

dig down just basically under the grass and look what I found...

a complete ROLL of dimes, paper has rotted away, thing that stinks is there was no silver, so I was skunked! ;D

Luckily I dug a 1926 merc at the park to save the day :thumbsup:

sorry pic is bad it was with my cell phone, but I knew I had to share this with you crazy CRHers :tongue3:
 

Attachments

  • roll dimes.webp
    roll dimes.webp
    52.1 KB · Views: 456
  • roll dimes.webp
    roll dimes.webp
    52.1 KB · Views: 442
Upvote 0
silvercop said:
what was the oldest date from the dime roll?
I honestly did not check, I just visually looked for silver
 
just thought that if you knew the date of the olderst and the newest coin in the hole you could halfway determine how long the roll was buried, or at least you would have a good timeline
 
ok just checked, oldest was 1967, newest was 2005.......
 
Sweet find :thumbsup: Make sure you clean them up good before you turn them in, I don't like dirty change in my rolls ;D
 
silvereagle78 said:
Sweet find :thumbsup: Make sure you clean them up good before you turn them in, I don't like dirty change in my rolls ;D
lol
I tumble all my detecting found clad
 
wow you must have some hard soil there. the paper dissolved in 4 years or less
 
Nice!

How did that sound when you scanned it?
Must have thought there was a can instead of all those dimes!
 
silvercop said:
wow you must have some hard soil there. the paper dissolved in 4 years or less
actually the soil here is real mild, wheats and indians almost always look great out of the ground
 
TXTim said:
Nice!

How did that sound when you scanned it?
Must have thought there was a can instead of all those dimes!
it about blew my ears off :hello2: I did think it was a can and almost walked over it, guess it pays to always check out those signals! :icon_thumleft:
 
That is a very neat find G4E......unique. Congrats on the Merc.

Neat picture as well. That is one you don't see every day.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom