What's new

New way to dump - For me at least.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2010
Messages
1,984
Reaction score
483
Golden Thread
0
Location
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joined BOA this week (fourth bank). Lady behind the counter told me to just bring in all the loose halfs that I have and she
will bag them up and ship them to Fort Myers to be counted. Once counted, the attached deposit slip tells them where to
deposit the money. I think I am upping my box count to two a week now instead of 1. It used to taked three days to
dump $500.00 worth of halves, it now takes roughly five minutes.... :hello2:
 
Upvote 0
Wow. That is really nice and a heck of a lot easier.

apush :read2:
 
Nice, hope you get some good boxes :thumbsup:
HH..Miner
 
Enjoy it while it lasts. They will soon be tired of you and cut you off.
 
AGCoinHunter said:
Enjoy it while it lasts. They will soon be tired of you and cut you off.

Has that happened to you?
 
FreedomUIC said:
AGCoinHunter said:
Enjoy it while it lasts. They will soon be tired of you and cut you off.

Has that happened to you?

Yep. After a few thousand they begin to get antsy about you bringing in halves. They don't view these as "normal" and it raises flags with the branch manager. Eventually they will give you the talk either don't bring any more in or fees are going to be assessed on you for bringing them in. Best thing is spread out those dumps and use coin machines.
 
AGCoinHunter said:
FreedomUIC said:
AGCoinHunter said:
Enjoy it while it lasts. They will soon be tired of you and cut you off.

Has that happened to you?

Yep. After a few thousand they begin to get antsy about you bringing in halves. They don't view these as "normal" and it raises flags with the branch manager. Eventually they will give you the talk either don't bring any more in or fees are going to be assessed on you for bringing them in. Best thing is spread out those dumps and use coin machines.

Thanks for the heads up.... :thumbsup:
 
AGCoinHunter said:
Enjoy it while it lasts. They will soon be tired of you and cut you off.
...and then you bring up the *cough* BAIL OUT. "That's right, you're going to take my halves!"
 
You will get lots of extra service for signing up to new banks but like the above posters mentioned, the love afair will be short lived.
 
I've never had a problem with BofA dumping. I've been dumping at BofA for the last two years ever since I noticed someone else's dump box when I ordered from them. BofA is a large merchant bank with access to lots of change and input of change from merchants. Dumping a box there isn't going to upset them.
 
I don't trust that method, what happens if the bag gets lost in transit? I have to get my cash immediately after I dump the coin.
 
fistfulladirt said:
I don't trust that method, what happens if the bag gets lost in transit? I have to get my cash immediately after I dump the coin.

I've always gotten cash right away. They have my account # so if it's off, they know where to get me. I've yet to have problems with it.. most busy BofA's do this for me. My main dump bank know me well enough now that they trust me and never question me about the boxes I turn in and they always give me cash right off the bat. For the record, the most I've dumped at once was 5 boxes of halves last year.
 
SFBayArea said:
fistfulladirt said:
I don't trust that method, what happens if the bag gets lost in transit? I have to get my cash immediately after I dump the coin.

I've always gotten cash right away. They have my account # so if it's off, they know where to get me. I've yet to have problems with it.. most busy BofA's do this for me. My main dump bank know me well enough now that they trust me and never question me about the boxes I turn in and they always give me cash right off the bat.
The other poster mentioned that the coin has to be shipped off and counted, and then the $ is deposited in their account. Sounds like a couple days before they see their $.
 
fistfulladirt said:
SFBayArea said:
fistfulladirt said:
I don't trust that method, what happens if the bag gets lost in transit? I have to get my cash immediately after I dump the coin.

I've always gotten cash right away. They have my account # so if it's off, they know where to get me. I've yet to have problems with it.. most busy BofA's do this for me. My main dump bank know me well enough now that they trust me and never question me about the boxes I turn in and they always give me cash right off the bat.
The other poster mentioned that the coin has to be shipped off and counted, and then the $ is deposited in their account. Sounds like a couple days before you see the $.

Sorry, yeah I know about that program too. I don't like it. It's meant more for people who have a lot of loose change to turn in who don't bother to count it and roll it themselves. I see what you're saying.
 
But as others have mentioned they will tire of your dumping and most likely cut you off one it becomes habitiual.

I'm certain she was trying to be nice but if you show up with 1k or more every week they might put a stop to it.

Mojo
 
SFBayArea said:
fistfulladirt said:
SFBayArea said:
fistfulladirt said:
I don't trust that method, what happens if the bag gets lost in transit? I have to get my cash immediately after I dump the coin.

I've always gotten cash right away. They have my account # so if it's off, they know where to get me. I've yet to have problems with it.. most busy BofA's do this for me. My main dump bank know me well enough now that they trust me and never question me about the boxes I turn in and they always give me cash right off the bat.
The other poster mentioned that the coin has to be shipped off and counted, and then the $ is deposited in their account. Sounds like a couple days before you see the $.

Sorry, yeah I know about that program too. I don't like it. It's meant more for people who have a lot of loose change to turn in who don't bother to count it and roll it themselves. I see what you're saying.

I have the tag off the bag as proof the coins went out. Once it hits my account, I can file the tag and move on. It usually ships on a Monday if I get there before 1:00 and credited by Tuesday afternoon. If you need the cash right off the bat you are either turning boxes really fast or maybe you should cut down on the amount that you CRH. Just my opinion and not meant to be malice.

The lady behind the counter told me that she does it for hundreds of customers at her branch and that it is absolutely no problem
for her as long as she can lift the bag. That was the only requirement.

I hope everyone is wrong and they continue as they said, but alas, If it is to good to be true, it probably is :(

Even if they charge a couple of dollars to dump, it wouldn't be that bad and I defintely consider it as well.
 
Dropped off the bag late Monday (After Brinks Left), money deposited on Thursday evening. Three days, I will take that.
Withdraw money from checking account and place back in safe for next week.... :hello2:
 
FreedomUIC said:
Dropped off the bag late Monday (After Brinks Left), money deposited on Thursday evening. Three days, I will take that.
Withdraw money from checking account and place back in safe for next week.... :hello2:
Sounds like a sweet system Freedom, I wonder if you left the cash in the account longer, and also maybe deposit some to stay in at all times whether they would be less likely to sour on you over time?

Chuck.
 
The biggest problem with BOA and their "coin service" is that once you give them the coins, whatever they say was in the bag is what you get. If it's off, you are SOL, no matter how much you complain. If the amount that is off is <$10, then they may give you a one time "courtesy credit" for your troubles when you complain. With BOA, there will never be a second "courtesy credit".

The most common error with BOA is counting dimes as pennies. People that dump only pennies love BOA because they frequently get more than they dropped off due to pennies being counted as dimes.

Other errors are simple impossible to guess as to what caused them, but it doesn't matter because BOA will never truely investigate it.

You will love the service until the first time you are shorted.

Good Luck and enjoy.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom