What's new

New Years Silver

CJ9

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2018
Messages
619
Reaction score
1,902
Golden Thread
0
Location
NYC area
Primary Interest:
Other
On way home from work this afternoon got $45 in dimes, $10 in nickels, and $4 in pennies (most all CWR). Bank had $40 in CWR halves, so of course took those. All 4 rolls were old style, and one had Kennedy Halves Silver written on it. That one was a solid roll of 40% (pic). The other 3 rolls were all clad. Not complaining at all. Not much in the other coins - only coughed up 2 wheatback cents and a 1938P nickel in avg. circ condition (I only keep certain date and AU/BU Jeffs). Nice way to end the year. Happy New Year and HH.
20181231_172221.webp

20181231_172302.webp
 
Upvote 0
Congratulations. Nice haul.
 
Nice finish to find on the way home, on the LAST day of the year. Now to shoot higher in 2019. Now, I wonder what was meant by the writing on the roll "1200 Kennedy halves". Was there 1200 halves stacked somewhere? That's going to bug you all year long. You better stop at that bank and ASK.
 
Thanks. It was actually $12.00 that was written there, but there was $10 in the roll. The bank had 3 loose halves that I also took but they were clad. My guess is the person probably took the other $2 out and spent them.
 
CJ9: now I get the connection of the 1200, still nicely done.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom