What's new

New York Button Gamepiece?

Joe G from Md

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2017
Messages
618
Reaction score
1,637
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000Di Pro plus/ Whites 5900/ started with Whites 4900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this front of New York coat button it looks like it has been flattened by soldier. Maybe a captured yankee yielded his buttons to captor? You think it may have been flattened for game piece or a keepsake? I don't think a union soldier would have done that to a personal button any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • 011.webp
    011.webp
    456.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 012.webp
    012.webp
    413.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 013.webp
    013.webp
    534.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 015.webp
    015.webp
    491.2 KB · Views: 94
Upvote 0
The NY buttons were such a high domed button I would think they would get flattened pretty easily. Not to say that it was not intentionally done, but who knows?

D.
 
Interesting find. I wonder if the back was ever on it.
 
I like it flat , it's easier to read.
Game piece ? Maybe.

It's flat but could be flatter , FWIW.

Neat Relic.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom