New Yorker

slick848

Mar 9, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Im from upstate NY and have been interested in gold prospecting for sometime now,just never got around to it,im a 100% disabled veteran and have problems with my legs and back ,but if i take my time i can walk and do most things,im not going to give up and say i cant do it, im 66 years young and was hurt in Viet Nam,so as you get older things hurt even more. This has been on my bucket list and im going to do it before i cant,so what i need now is for someone to let me know where i can go to pan for gold and have some fun for my wife and i,i would appreciate all the info you can give me and what states i can go to to find some GOLD. Thanks everyone.

tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard and thank you for your service to our great country! Take a look at Sub-Forums: New York for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts! :occasion14:

Hi Slick. Welcome to TreasureNet, and thank you for your service. I am North of Albany and we go to VT and NH for prospecting. We don't find much gold, but the wife and I enjoy the prospecting, camping, and being out in nature.

Welcome to our forum glad you’re here!

0D80CA6F-A15F-4F21-A1EC-CD6A7ABCE4C9.jpeg

Welcome from Mississippi and good luck.

Welcome from North Central Illinois. 🙋 And Thank you for your service and sacrifice. Hope you find PANS full! 💰

:hello: Hello and welcome from Southeast Louisiana. From one veteran to another, Thank you for serving :icon_salut:... "D"

Hey Possumcop, thanks for your messages,i like them but one thing i did was to continue hunting when i got home,love to deer hunt,its the only thing that keeps me going,do you hunt, i heard nothing but good things about hunting down that way,wish we had the deer you have up here,i love to be close to nature and that's the way i get close,stay in touch fellow VET Brother.what was your outfit and when did you serve, Later brother

Welcome aboard from CT. Thank you for your service! I hope you find lots of gold!:thumbsup:

Hi Im from upstate NY and have been interested in gold prospecting for sometime now,just never got around to it,im a 100% disabled veteran and have problems with my legs and back ,but if i take my time i can walk and do most things,im not going to give up and say i cant do it, im 66 years young and was hurt in Viet Nam,so as you get older things hurt even more. This has been on my bucket list and im going to do it before i cant,so what i need now is for someone to let me know where i can go to pan for gold and have some fun for my wife and i,i would appreciate all the info you can give me and what states i can go to to find some GOLD. Thanks everyone.

Hi Slick! I'm downstate in White Plains. The only gold in New York State, is glacial gold pushed down from Canada. For the most part it is micro-gold. You'll never pay for your gasoline, much less equipment, panning or prospecting in New York. Connecticut, Vermont, yes, New York, no. Thank you for your service! Terry 1/41 FA, US Army, '73-'76

Welcome from Brownwood in central Texas! I spent many months of the past 30 years panning and sluicing for gold. The best place I've found in the continental U.S. is in the Feather River Canyon of northern California. I usually camped near Rich Bar off of Hwy. 70 and found gold there and on many of the small streams and creeks that feed into the Feather. It's located between Quincy and Oroville, California and is about 120 miles west of Reno, Nevada.
~Texas Jay
Photo of me on an old grader that we discovered in 1988 while exploring the Canyon.

Jay & Jerry Discovery.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back