New

Joebunaga

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2023
Austin, TX
Good evening all. I've always enjoyed coins, junking, recycling and repurposing. Never really did any treasure hunting per se but I did go metal detect the family farm for a mysterious "jar of coins" hidden in a well... found neither the well nor the jar but had a great time with my 88yo Dad looking for it.
My wife nicknamed me "the crow" because I always have to stop and look at things, particularly if they're shiny.

I decided to try my hand at roll hunting and started Googling for info when I I found TreasureNet. I spent the last few nights reading and really enjoyed many of the stories I came across plus tips, techniques and how to's. Then I decided to join.
I grew up splitting time between the farm and the city. My grandparents were on the farm through the depression and there's a bit of hoarder\saver in me. My background is in technology but my degree is in anthropology. I've worked on digs across Texas as a volunteer in San Antonio, Austin, San Felipe and others. Outside of the states I was lucky enough to fall into dig site visits in Prague, Barcelona, Venice and Belize. This weekend we're taking a bucket list trip for my wife to Easter Island and I look forward to poking around anywhere they'll let me.

Since I began reading TreasureNet I've been on a streak. Coming out of a bank I chose to start buying rolls I found a $10 bill. A couple of days later I found myself with a couple of hours to kill and visited 5 Coinstars for a score of .02 (Neither were pre-84). Today I pulled my Bounty Hunter out of the attic and curb hunted in front of my house... and got some really odd, faint hits. after some digging... 5
1 inch stainless steel bolts complete with nuts. I can't even guess how they got there and what they were for.

Looking forward to learning more and enjoying the community.

Joe

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good evening all. I've always enjoyed coins, junking, recycling and repurposing. Never really did any treasure hunting per se but I did go metal detect the family farm for a mysterious "jar of coins" hidden in a well... found neither the well nor the jar but had a great time with my 88yo Dad looking for it.
My wife nicknamed me "the crow" because I always have to stop and look at things, particularly if they're shiny.

I decided to try my hand at roll hunting and started Googling for info when I I found TreasureNet. I spent the last few nights reading and really enjoyed many of the stories I came across plus tips, techniques and how to's. Then I decided to join.
I grew up splitting time between the farm and the city. My grandparents were on the farm through the depression and there's a bit of hoarder\saver in me. My background is in technology but my degree is in anthropology. I've worked on digs across Texas as a volunteer in San Antonio, Austin, San Felipe and others. Outside of the states I was lucky enough to fall into dig site visits in Prague, Barcelona, Venice and Belize. This weekend we're taking a bucket list trip for my wife to Easter Island and I look forward to poking around anywhere they'll let me.

Since I began reading TreasureNet I've been on a streak. Coming out of a bank I chose to start buying rolls I found a $10 bill. A couple of days later I found myself with a couple of hours to kill and visited 5 Coinstars for a score of .02 (Neither were pre-84). Today I pulled my Bounty Hunter out of the attic and curb hunted in front of my house... and got some really odd, faint hits. after some digging... 5
1 inch stainless steel bolts complete with nuts. I can't even guess how they got there and what they were for.

Looking forward to learning more and enjoying the community.

Joe
Welcome to the forum. Bunch of good people here. Cant wait to see some finds.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good evening all. I've always enjoyed coins, junking, recycling and repurposing...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Texas for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to one of the FINER FORUMS 1!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions