What's new

Newbe FROM UTAH

utah1066

Full Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2008
Messages
240
Reaction score
15
Golden Thread
0
Location
Utah
Detector(s) used
TITAN 3000 XD ,DFX, Minelab X-Terra 705 L Rods
HI ALL
My name is Walt I have been MD in my back yard and front, learning to use my md and in two weekends I found 89 pull tabs
4 dollars in penn, 2 dollars in 1/4s 2 dollars in dimes, 2 house keys, 1 magnet 1 old troy truck , roofing nails, and a kids toy ring
and I had a great time doing it most of the coins were from 1966 to 2002 and the house was built in 1970 with all that fine in just my yard i cant wait to try a park or just any were that may have some older fines lol feels good, i know were some old gold mines are and am thing of working them, what do you all think? have a great hunt . walter :icon_study:
 
Re: FROM UTAH

What kind of detector do you have Walt? You'll find better stuff at an older site. Good luck out there.
 
Re: FROM UTAH New BE

I have a Titan 3000XD In which I am happy with I still cannot be live that most of the coins that i found was 4" to 8" deep with the dates 1966 and up how they became so deep so fast beats me? the Titan came with 10 1/2 " coil and 6 " coil and head phones, carrying case, pin pointer, digging tool,with case, I got it from Kellyco
 
Re: FROM UTAH

Looks like you are off to a great start! An addict already! :thumbsup:
 
Great finds! I hope the weather holds out for you to hit a really hot spot.
 
YAA it won't be long, and you will be finding the good stuff. wecome to site
 
Re: FROM UTAH New BE

utah1066 said:
I still cannot be live that most of the coins that i found was 4" to 8" deep with the dates 1966 and up how they became so deep so fast beats me?

It's interesting how "modern" coins can be so deep. Many factors effect the depth, like grass or no grass, clay soil or sandy soil, moist dirt or dry dirt, etc. Back in 1980 I thought my detector could barely reach down to coins lost in the 1920's because of the depth of the coins I was recovering in a grassy area of Salt Lake. I have since found coins (in a dry rocky desert environment) that have been lying on the surface of the ground since 1858.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom