Newbie advice..

Bgmeanie

Jan 7, 2013
Hello all. Been enjoying the site for months now. Unbelievable finds lately! Im off to a decent start here in Upstate NY- some silver coins, a beat thrime, a nice nickel 3 cent piece, a shield nickel and the usual clad and wheats. I got an F2 months ago but am thinking of upgrading a little for more depth. Does anyone have comments about the new BH Platinum? A buddy of mine loves his. I was leaning more towards the AT Pro. Any suggestions? Thanks for your time.

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bgmeanie - Whatever you decide - please consider buying one from one of
tn_02.gif
's Supporting Vendors.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Given the quality if what you are finding, I'd suggest the AT Pro over the Bounty Hunter.the At Pro has good depth and ground balance capabilities, as well as the waterproof functionality.

Wayne

Www.metaldetectingstuff.com

mo dirt diggin

Sep 3, 2012
Souteast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, 950 Coil, 4x6 eclipse coil, DX-1, Bullseye 2 pinpointer, Pro pointer, Lesche Sampson 31inch.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am getting the AT Pro as my next machine. I cant comment on bounty hunter I have never used anything but Whites. I have done a lot of reading and talking to people that have them and the AT Pro seams to be one heck of a good machine, and it is water proof, which opens up some other avenues to detect. They say Bart at Big Boy Hobbies is great to deal with and very helpful. Good Luck with your new machine whatever you decide. HH

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my AT Pro. Since I bought it my finds have went out the roof. I had a bounty hunter before. I learned the machine and can save a lot of time without having to dig all the trash. Great machine, especially after you learn it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread