Newbie from Illinois

whitestar55

Jan 9, 2008
Central, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver U Max
Hi,
I'm Rick and I live in Illinois, transplanted from Indiana. Just got back into TH ing after a long absence. I had my first detector back in 1967. I just bought a new Tesoro Silver V Max. I travel in my job all over IN, IL, and MO so I get to hunt different areas often. "Anyone up for a hunt". I also get to visit the country of Columbia, South America. Someday I hope to get to hunt there. The picture of me with the bridge in the background is in the mountain village of Santa Fe, Columbia. The NEWEST church in that town is 200 years old, the oldest is 500. I doubt a detector has ever been there. The other pic is of me in Bogata. The last one is of me pursuing another of my passions......motorcycles.

Attachments

• bridge.jpg
    bridge.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 473
  • Honorary office in Bogata\'.jpg
    Honorary office in Bogata\'.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 476
  • rick.JPG
    rick.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 465

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Treasure net, & Mug Shots
That should be some detecting in 'the South'. :o

Fossis.............

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Welcome aboard,Rick.Nice job(hobby) you have.You're gonna have to post a pic of that bike.Too many on here with the same interest.What area in MO do you venture in.Several th'rs in the state.

OP
OP
whitestar55

whitestar55

Jan 9, 2008
Central, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver U Max
Most of the state except the bootheel and far southwest. There are lots of CW sites I hope to check out. Tons of old homesites too.

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Hi Rick, welcome to Mugs and TNet. Those are cool pictures. I agree with, warsawdaddy....lets see that bike. :)
Look forward to seeing your finds.

Pepper

tac512ltd

Aug 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark; Aquavision 2007
Were you by chance on one of the Whitestar MTT's in Laos? Just curious, as some of the guys incorporate Whitestar into their screen name. Anyway, welcome and I hope you get to dig around Colombia.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hiya Rick,

Great to see ya! Nice pics...looking forward to seeing some posts & pics of your finds. Good Luck & Happy Hunting!

;) RR

WelcomeBB.jpg

Attachments

• WelcomeBB.jpg
    WelcomeBB.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 272

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread