newbie got something weirdddd!

K

kidd krappie

hello ya ll;to make a long story short ,i started treasure hunting 1 year ago by accident;i never stoped,i didnt even know that anybody really did this.i have been on a rollercoaster ride ever since!!!!iwill appriate you guys letin me in.i will be postin one item a week.i think i ve got keepers!what the heck is this!we studied everything!y;ya ll will be the first! p.s. i dind nt take it serious when i started,so i glued stones in the eye pits and wore it as anecklace.

yours truly,
kidd krappie

Attachments

• Front View.JPG
    Front View.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 926
  • Side View.JPG
    Side View.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 923
  • Underside.JPG
    Underside.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 918

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Where did you find that ? It has the shape of a hellbender skull. A huge endangered aquatic salamander usually found in cold streams. Never saw the inside of ones mouth before. That sure is wierd looking.

Upvote 0

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
kidd krappie said:
what the heck is this!we studied everything!y;ya ll will be the first! p.s. i dind nt take it serious when i started,so i glued stones in the eye pits and wore it as anecklace.

Based on image #3 it looks like the lower jaw of something that has been cut. Are those cut marks on the knob sticking up on the left?

Upvote 0
T

TreasureTales

Stringray skull? I think they have teeth like that...more like crushers than actual teeth. I'm presuming this thing is bone or petrified cartilage.

Upvote 0

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is weird looking...I'm taking a guess with a horned toad. I can't find a skeleton or teeth pic...this is as close as I can get. I lived in the desert with them and thought they were cute. Comparing this pic with Kidd's pic...his has a much flatter head. PBK would know, I hope.

Attachments

• horn_tailout.jpg
    horn_tailout.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 836
Upvote 0

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
TreasureTales said:
Stringray skull? I think they have teeth like that...more like crushers than actual teeth. I'm presuming this thing is bone or petrified cartilage.

Unless the teeth are very worn or damaged I don't think it is a stingray:

2004-02_ssafari009.jpg

If those teeth are naturally like that I would say that it is a plant eater, and the teeth are for pulverizing plant material, including some of the harder plant materials. If it is an aquatic animal, it might even use them to crush coral in its mouth.

Upvote 0

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Okay... a little research proves to ME anyway that this is not a skull... But I'm positive it is part of a larger bone structure or part of a skull... it's a good mystery.

Hard to see as another bone with those "eyes" glued in there... :P

I looked at salamander skulls and they didnt seem close.

Upvote 0

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Welcome to the forum Kidd...
That has got to be one of the most freakiest finds I have seen. I don't have a clue what it is, but I sure am glad I haven't seen any of them up close and personal... ;D
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Upvote 0

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Leon said:
That has got to be one of the most freakiest finds I have seen. I don't have a clue what it is, but I sure am glad I haven't seen any of them up close and personal...

That's because deep down we all suspect or hope that it is the first credible evidence of exterestial life. I wouldn't even mind if it turned out to be a baby Predator. I can cover myself with mud right up there with the best of them...

Upvote 0

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like the upper sinus cavity of something?

Upvote 0

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try posting that pic on Art Bell's site "Coast to Coast". They are into ufo's and all that stuff. I'm sure you'd get some unusual AND humorous feedback!
Scott

Upvote 0

jscorpio

Dec 28, 2006
North Idaho
From the link Gypsy posted: • Hellbenders have two sets of small teeth located on the upper and lower jaws. That rules out the Hellbender. I've never seen anything like it. Good luck with this one. 8)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread