Newbie needs some advice,tips.

yak138

Apr 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just joined and looking for advice on beech detecting. Later this summer I'm planning a trip to North Carolina (Outer Banks). I use a dfx & have 3 coils 300mm, DD2, & 950. I've never detected on a beech and am looking for any tips, things I should do, things I should not do, from those of you who know. Thanks.

Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi yak138,

I am no expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I can tell you that the majority of my treasure finds are on the wet slope sand area , and along the water's edge at low tide.

I also get lucky way out on the "muddy flats" at low tide.

Also shallow troughs are often generous to me.

Sometimes the dry sand will give up treasures to me.

I wish you the best of detecting!

Have fun!

Lorraine

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
add link

I am one of the ones that can help you out but there is to much to type here,:icon_thumleft: so i suggest you read The Golden Olde
Norm was the master that I learned from years ago.:icon_thumleft: Copy the link or Bookmark it...

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First and foremost, protect your detector, there is a salt mist in the air that will get inside your detector. Put it in a bag of some kind to protect it. Remember water will tend to try to drive your detector nuts as it sees salt minerals as metal everywhere, adjust settings accordingly.

You will need a good scoop of some kind, if it is only a one time deal see if you can borrow one.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sent you a PM

OP
OP
Y

yak138

Apr 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for the help. Have some reading to do. I don't know how much time I will have to detect. Duties like watching the grand kids will cut into my detecting time, and any knowledge I can gain before i get there will be very helpful. thanks again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread