Scott in MI

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2013
Tri-Cities
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good evening all. Quick question about ground balancing an X-Terra 505. As soon as I hit my ground balancing button the detector goes absolutely crazy with unstable sounds. I am able to set everything else OK and I found a quarter and a penny in my backyard tonight, but I was never able to set the GB. I just put it in the middle and tried detecting. I am brand new to detecting so I am curious if anyone could provide any feedback. The coil was 4-6 inches off the ground when I hit the button. I pumped it up and down and moved through all 50 settings with no change, just large garbage unstable sounds. I tried to GB in many different areas and it always became unstable as soon as I hit the button. Am I doing something wrong?

Upvote 0
I have a 305 and what comes too mind is,did you put in AM first and find an area with no sig.? That might make it weird out if you don't.

I have a 705 and you will have to put it in all metal and try that Hold it off the ground about a foot or more then push the button.Pump it about 3-4 times and give it time to register to itself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back