Newbie question -

littleton

Feb 25, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 5
Hello all, this is a great site. I'm new at this metal detector stuff although I've been making surface finds for years. I just picked up a cheapo MD the other day for $39 to play around with in my back yard. If one is looking for nails and Becks beer bottle caps, this is definately the model to go with! Seriously, I would like to move up this summer and was looking at a Whites Classic 5-1d pro at a website called Kellyco. They want $349 for it which would fit my budget. I looked at DFX's on Ebay but they were going for around $800 new/used condition, out of my monitary reach anytime soon. Would the "Classic 5" be a good MD for going deep and finding coins and good stuff? Is Kellyco a reputable source? They seem to have a nice site ~ Thanks for any info

Mike Silver -gold

Dec 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX - 1280 Excal.-1000
I just traded in my whites eagle sl to a place called prostock. His name is Al Holden. He gave me $275.00 on a trade for a DFX. My Eagle was and is a super detector for depth. Check with him he has all makes and models [new and used [ all reconditioned] for sale at I think reasonable prices. In all fairness I know I got more depth with my Eagle than I get with my Specturm. I haven't got out with my DFX yet. ;)

OP
OP
littleton

littleton

Feb 25, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 5
Hello mike, where is Prostock? I'm in Georgia.

Mike Silver -gold

Dec 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX - 1280 Excal.-1000
Prostock is in Mi . near Detroit. AL is regular guy. He Knows detectors And he seems not very money hungery. I found him on line. You can call him at 269-685-1776. Tell Mike from Buffalo told you about him. If you can get My Eagle sl for a good price you will find deep silver.

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
You would be better off buying a used classic id or idx on ebay. Should be around 250.00 There are plenty of coils for that series. The Kellyco classic's run the came frequency as the Prizms and there is only 2 coils that will fit it from Whites.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread