What's new

Newbie Rockhoundette here.....

Stephydee

Jr. Member
Joined
May 5, 2017
Messages
21
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi fellow Treasurenetters :notworthy: I just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to rockhounding, my newfound infatuation. N I love it. My name's Stephanie from Southern California :sunny: I want to learn some new things about rocks and minerals so I can better understand my new hobby. Any advice of tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
 
Welcome to Tnet.
 
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Stephanie! Take a look at Sub-Forums: California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.
 
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:
 
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:
 
Try mindat.org for references on materials online. What you'd probably like is getting access (for a fee of course) to one of the gem tourmaline mines east of San Diego. Been there, done that, got tourmaline. Can think of the Pala Mine and Himalaya Mine at the moment.
 
Thank you and I will check it out, I've always been interested in joining a club so I can go on digs. My four year old daughter is the one who actually got me interested in rock collecting.
 
Thank you all for ur welcoming me into group and your tips. I will check out the sites listed and look into joining a club. Idk if any of u can maybe check out my other post n possibly tell me what kind of rocks those are. I've rented all kinds of books from library and can't figure it out for the life of me or maybe u you can point me in right direction. Thanks again.
 
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

GL & HH
 
Welcome to TNET!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom