What's new

Newbie with a question

BladeRunner2019

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2013
Messages
745
Reaction score
1,776
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all,

I'm going to try my hand at magnet fishing. I ordered some rope that had good reviews online. I didn't notice when I ordered it, but it came with a thimble on one end. (Heck, maybe both ends, I haven't checked yet. :laughing7:)

Is it safe to use a locking carabiner to attach the thimble end to the magnet? Is that recommended or should I go another route?

Thanks for any suggestions.

qKGoKuL.jpg
 
I wud think that the thimble end may be an issue because it is metal and it may also be attracted to your magnet. There are several great videos on " magnet fishing magnet knots" that explain what most use. also lock tight on the threads of your magnet are recommended.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom