TN_INDIAN

Jul 4, 2012
WEST TN
Detector(s) used
F2,pinpointer that came with it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok just got the F2 in today along with the fisher pinpointer and i think its the 4'' coil that came with it and the standard coil looks like 8'' r so lol. Did all the test and things and even did a lil detecting n my moms garden. All looks well but something tells me im gonna b doing lots of digginbg till i get this thing figured out lol. Always wanted a MD since i was a kid and now im 34. Long story short i was looking for arrowheads close to the MS river other day and with no luck but did happen to find a1916 barber dime rite on top of the ground in kind of a wash out!! My first coin ever that old. I was hooked after that and dne countless hrs of research on metal detecting and took ordered the F2 package. Then did lots more research while waiting for it to come in.Wld like to say by far this website has the most amazeing info on than any other. Wld like to think all of u for shareing thks guys. Btw was thinking bout hitting the sand bar today to start the learning process with my metal detector. Wld love to hunt with anyone close by. Im very close to MS river Ripley,TN.

Steveo

Jun 12, 2012
upstate Ny
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett gtp1350, Garrett ace150, Whites M6, Whites XLT, Whites QTX, Tesoro Silver Umax,
(RETIRED> ☆Whites Coinmaster TR, ☆Whites Coinmaster 2 TR AM)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the forum.
Good luck with your new machine and good luck.......................................

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TN Indian,
Welcome! Finding that Barber Dime 'by eye' is a great begining and it gives you a place to start at and it gives your a target to use. You are starting at the bottom rung of the detecting ladder and that is the place ALL of us start at. You have a good modern detector and you have a wonderful silver target to use as a practice device. IF you choose to use your silver dime as a target then I would suggest you protect it from further damage by putting it into some sort of thin small plastic case.

When I go out detecting, be it in the city or in the mountains, I always carry a target with me that I've become very familiar with how my detector reacts to it. This gives me a known source to use to help me understand what unknown thing might be that my machine has just detected. You've lots of practice and learning to do with your equipment and a known target will help a lot in understanding how to use your macine. Read your machines directions over and over and really work with your machine. If you have the location for it build yourself a "test garden" of coins, pull tabs, rusty nails and just all sorts of metal targets to practice on at home as this will build your knowledge base for when you locate items away from home.

Good luck is nice but it will take work and learning on your part to be able to put your machine to good use so that you can find even more great targets like the dime you found.

Enjoy being outside and have fun..........63bkpkr

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome53 (3).jpg

OP
OP
TN_INDIAN

TN_INDIAN

Jul 4, 2012
WEST TN
Detector(s) used
F2,pinpointer that came with it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys!! And thanks for the tips there very needed:headbang:.Did a lil hunting yesterday morning before the heat kicked my behind at 9am lol. Found 4 used gun cartages from newer 22,more weights and lots of trash in which i removed and covered all holes just like i learned to do on this site. So far have like 5 hrs on my metal detector and getting better and learning something everytime. Like so far if its a big alluminum can buried my detector really gives a hi pitched tone like its a good find lol. I learned that one by heart so far lol. Been hunting at the same place both times. I knew there was gonna b lots of trash there along with maybe sum jewery,silver and clad. its a old sand bar close to river Ms river where people been fishing and swimming included me since i was a kid. Im 34 now. And plus its easy to dig n the sand and not make a mess. But cant wait to hit the parks here. Been so busy searching for items on riverbank that i havent even made a test garden yet lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread