H

hollywoodmarine

I joined this site because i beleive it is the most informative after doing research on google. I am obviously a rookie so help me decide between a garrett ace 150 or a bounty hunter pioneer 505. I have the opportunity to buy either and would like some expert help. thanks daniel and will be looking forward to sharing some of my finds once i can get going.

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Don't know a hole lot about either of the specific models, but if you can swing a Garret 250, I hear alot of good things about the model. So if you cannot afford the Garrett 250, I would go with the 150 Garrett. I think the brand is better and the service later is better.

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
Both beginner's machines. Either will frustrate the heck out of you. Both will allow you to find some good stuff.
My suggestion? Save a few dollars (about another $50) and buy the Ace 250. One of the top machines around and will be good for a long time.
Look back over the reviews of the Ace 250 and you'll see that you can't go wrong.
Most places sell them in the $210-215 range and they are as good as some machines costing three times as much.

grizzly bare

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
I'm with grizzly on this one.

save the extra $50 and get an ace 250. Probably one of (if not the best) inexpensive detectors around. It is by no means "cheap". It is a solid, very reliable machine

steve

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Ace 250. No question. Check with some online dealers and you can get it for $212.45 delivered to your door. Either find the extra money (no pun intended), make a deal to repay somebody quickly with clad you find, or wait until you have the few extra bucks. You won't regret it.

Daryl

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
www.tcmetaldetectors.com

Tony is a member here and will give you the best price on any machine you can afford.

Good luck
Ken

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Welcome and as you can see the vote is for the 250 and Tony will help out a newbie. I do not have the 250 but if I was going to buy a back up that would be it. If my oldest son decides to get into this hobby he will have one under the tree this year.
HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread