newby in stamford

cole2357

Jun 30, 2008
hi everyone!
I'm new to the site....Live in stamford, just bought my 2nd detector....My first was in 1973, a Whites Coinmaster IV TR...saved up for it when I was 15 years old, and it lasted until I was about 25...Found a gold ring at the house I had just bought and went dead on the spot right after....flash forward to now...We went on a trip to AZ last month and my 10 year old wanted to know about gold mines, etc...rented a tesoro conquistador while out there and resparked my interest...

Just got a tesoro silver for fathers day and I cant believe how much better the machines are nowadays...no discriminators back in the 70's...I've only been around the house and to the local parks, but am filling a box with clads and am looking for better sites to hunt, and maybe a hunting buddy or two.

anyway, this site is great and Im glad I found it.
Thanks,
Mick in CT aka cole2357

dewinwa

Apr 23, 2008
Naples, Italy
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Whites DFX300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mick I am way up in New London area but never against going for a little day trip every so often or meeting somewhere in the middle. I just recently got into this hobby so I am still a little green but no doing too bad when I get the chance to get out. Let me know if you are ever interested in a hunt.
Donovan

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
Hey Mick, welcome to the site and Connecticut. I live in Thomaston which is in the middle of not much and no where.

When I can get to the shore I detect there but most of the time it is local.
You should get some good finds in your area. I would do some research at your local library to see what spots you can find and go for it.

Deb

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
lafatlife said:
Hey Mick, welcome to the site and Connecticut. I live in Thomaston which is in the middle of not much and no where.

When I can get to the shore I detect there but most of the time it is local.
You should get some good finds in your area. I would do some research at your local library to see what spots you can find and go for it.

Deb

Hey deb
I live in cheshire which is close to thokmaston. let me know if u want to meet up some time and swing it.
Keith

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
Hi Keith, that would be cool. I don't have any really good sites up here in town anyway. Well actually there probably would be some good sites if I had the guts to ask some people for permission.

I'd like to hit waterbury as there used to be factories there that made buttons for civil war uniforms.

That and the fact that the 55 flood washed a lot of houses down river, I think places near the river might be potential good spots as well.

My problem is finding the time to do the research.

I am going to Canada tomorrow and will be back on the 20th. After that perhaps we can meet up on a weekend with anyone else here who is interested.

What do you think?

Deb

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey People
I am looking for friends to search parks and beaches in and around Bridgeport. I have a lot of time on my hands with a detector, but, no car.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Connecticut Sam said:
Hey People
I am looking for friends to search parks and beaches in and around Bridgeport. I have a lot of time on my hands with a detector, but, no car.

There is a guy on here, must be down your way. Look for Ct Danny or Connecticut Dan or Danny, something like that.

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am Connecticut Danny and Connecticut Sam, seeking friends with cars to search parks and beaches in and around Bridgeport, CT..
Have a detector, but, no car.

[email protected]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread