Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'56-D has large piece missing at left stalk with a peeling lift at right stalk (worth $3 to $5). a minor off center (MAD) on the '82, value added is minimal, but still nice as a group lot to sell a bit over face, always good to find natural red wheat, worth about 50X face when sold in a lot of other red wheats, the RED '71 has a small lamination peeled off to right of lower ear. some copper Canada, a VF '36 & some common wheats with 30 rolls left to search :dontknow: IMG_4521.JPGIMG_4522.JPGIMG_4523.JPGIMG_4524.JPGIMG_4525.JPGIMG_4526.JPGIMG_4527.JPGIMG_4528.JPG

Upvote 0
Hey PEA, Buy reading your post I just realized RED does not actually mean the color... Always thought it did.... Looked it up quickly and I guess is means a mint state cent... Is it an acronym or have any other meaning?

It's a red cent, whereas more circulated will have the description of "brown". Yes it refers to the color.

It's a red cent, whereas more circulated will have the description of "brown". Yes it refers to the color.

Thank you Enamel... man I need to brush up on my cent lingo :laughing7:

I think I get it now, but a little confused on how it refers to the color. In PEA's pics above the '58 & '71 cents are described as "red" but are not red in color... or is a mint state penny (to me a copper/orange color) considered "red" in color.

I totally get the "brown" in color description for a more circulated cent

I hope we helped you, Zomotion. I rely on Enamel7 & Huntsman53 for their apparent expertise on errors. at times I think they are Mike Diamond clones :laughing7:. Red/Brn is a cent making the transition out of puberty :laughing7:. CRH'ing would be a bore if silver was the only objective :BangHead: errors always cover the gas & time. did a dump today and got paid $3.36 in clad from the reject bin :icon_thumright:
Thank you Enamel... man I need to brush up on my cent lingo :laughing7:

I think I get it now, but a little confused on how it refers to the color. In PEA's pics above the '58 & '71 cents are described as "red" but are not red in color... or is a mint state penny (to me a copper/orange color) considered "red" in color.

I totally get the "brown" in color description for a more circulated cent

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back