Next tector will be either an Excal or a CZ21...any input on these units?

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Jersey Hunter

Dec 27, 2011
Barnegat, NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE and G2, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger and Relic Hunter Shovel.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'd like to know this as well. Thanks for asking. Anyone have answers?

davidfl

Jun 23, 2011
florida
Detector(s) used
cz7apro cz20 cz21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you have narrowed to the two top answers
from here its just like ford or chevy
i think i would read the owners/users manual of each
then decide

dbsmokey

Jan 12, 2004
Oregon
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't used the CZ20/21 but can comment on the Excal, having owned one for 4 years. I loved the tones and it was moderately stable in the horrible iron-laden soils of Oregon (NOT usable at the black sand beaches in Oregon, however.) I found some gold and silver with it, but was rather unhappy with its build quality. I always worried about it breaking on me, and it finally did. I wouldn't buy another one again, especially if the CZ performs as well. I have heard the CZs are built well. However, if you make enough in finds to pay for repairs for an excal, why not get one? One should also compare the customer service performance of Fisher vs. Minelab in case you ever have to deal with either....

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have never tried the EXcal ,but down here in Fl. the TH'ers do great with them . I own 2 Fisher CZ 21 both the 8" and 10" coils and I think they are great detectors. Both the Excal and the CZ21 are great performers and it's just a matter of personal taste as both are proven treasure finders.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got a few of each, both excellent machines......choicing either..you will be fine....I would go with the larger coils..10 in

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have owned both and both are excellent machines. My CZ probably found more gold but that is only because there was only 10% of the hunters we have now when I was using it :laughing7: Like OBN said, get the larger coil for open beach hunting. One plus about the CZ...chest mount it and you can swing it all day, it already comes with a straight shaft. No modification needed like with the Excalibur to swing comfortably. I like the multi tones with the Excal over the CZ but that is just personal preference.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread