What's new

NICE 1853 LARGE, RELICS. NEW PERMISSION DAY 2, DIFFERENT LOCATION

muddpuppy

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Messages
263
Reaction score
804
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOWDY T-NTET. Out to the new permission. This time I went to the old farm homestead that was a few hundred yards in the field. The owner had no clue the house ever existed. I found on an 1862 and 1875 map. I managed to get a 1853 large cent with little wear, but is a little cruddy. The one item has makers mark on it, I can make out a T, &, and P, but there are others I will get in under the microscope. Any guesses in the arrows would be appreciated.

Keep Swinging!!
 

Attachments

  • 20150430_090752.webp
    20150430_090752.webp
    554 KB · Views: 156
  • 20150430_090818.webp
    20150430_090818.webp
    595 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 14
Nice digs. Great looking Large Cent, Hope you find more.
 
Nice coin find. I think the brass "arrow" things went on the ends of a leather strap and was probably used as horse tact such as a harness belt.
 
Nice Large there ! :occasion14: No idea on the arrow items, but the horse tack idea sounds good.
 
You do have a good permission there, looking forward to more posts with your keepers.:thumbsup:
 
Nice finds. The arrows look to be saddle shields. (decorative adornments for saddles kind of like a rosette is for a bridle)
 
Some examples of saddle shields (not my finds, just pics from the internet) download (1).webpshield1.webpimages (1).webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom