Nice 1875 IH, other keepers, good times

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Visited four different sites this weekend. My last and best find came at the last site that I only hunted for 20 minutes as it was getting dark. My mom had been reminding me of a light switch that needed to be replaced at her house so I decided Sunday would be a good day to do it. Nate’s homework situation was looking pretty good so he decided to tag along. So we get there and Nate starts detecting. My wife and I have a pleasant visit with my mom and I replaced the switch. I was not really planning on doing any metal detecting but as there was only about 20 minutes of daylight left decided what the heck. So I go out and Nate is grinning. He informs me that he has found “some good stuff”. ::) So that gets me going. Five minutes later he announces Indian Head! Holy Crap – how could we have missed that after hunting this small area so many times? Well Nate tells me that it was a total iorn signal. So, that gets me thinking – I’m digging any good iornish signal. Ten minutes later I get an iffy signal that I unearth and wipe off enough dirt to see the headdress of a familiar figure – an IH. Sweet! ;D Was even more excited when I washed it off and read 1875. I don’t find a lot of IH’s so this one is special.

Oct22IH_400.jpg

Other two hunts on Saturday – Nate talked me out of plan A (was going to be too wet). We did plan B and Nate found a nice silver ring and silver charm. I found a couple wheats. So I dropped Nate off for his Cross Country Meet and went back to plan A. It was a soupy mess but I was happy as I pulled a merc and silver rosie in a couple hours. The one silver dime I had to fish out of 3-4 inches of water. :P I dug the 4 inch plug and the hole immediately filled up with 3 inches of water. And the coin was still in the hole. That was a first for me.
Other stuff from last Sunday came from a hunt with a friend down in Wooster Ohio(Don). He got permission to hunt a couple old houses. It was a great day even though both Don and Nate put the silver skunk on me. Also, Nate found that V nickel that had my name on it not 10 feet from where I was detecting .
October22totals800.jpg

Oct15thWheats_800.jpg

October15tokens.jpg

Couple of other pics from our hunt with Don. First is Nate digging either another merc or my V-Nickel. Other is Don porch diving.
Natediggingonhill800.jpg

DonwithCat800.jpg

Conditions are great for us right now and it is a great time to be out detecting. :) Good luck all!

Upvote 0
Catching up on recent posts and what do I see? Wow! Awesome 1875 IH Mirage.
Pulling silver out of water filled holes...now that's what I call groundfishing.An excellent group of finds by all.Great on site pics. HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back