What's new

Nice arrowhead surface find

gheenoe78

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2014
Messages
532
Reaction score
736
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I originally got into the hobby of metal detecting through hunting for surface find points and sharks teeth. Havent gone out for a while explicitly looking for them but did stumble across this dandy morrow mountain a couple weeks ago in SC. The lithic is coastal plains chert. Circa 3000-5000BP. Just thought I'd share it.
IMG_20150419_183818708.webp
IMG_20150419_183806788.webp
IMG_20150419_185042569.webp
 
Upvote 18
Thats cool looking. I have not seen many of that style
 
It is always nice to put a point in your pocket. Looks like you got a good one.
 
You pointed that right out. Congrats.
 
Nice point! Arrowhead hunting also led me to md'ing. In one of our good arrowhead spots we started finding buttons on the surface. That led to getting a detector and the addiction began! I still love finding early points but now it's usually only while I'm detecting! Good luck and congrats on your Morrow Mountain.
 
man, id love to stumble upon one of those someday, very cool!
 
Cool, I always keep my eye out for points, never found one my entire life though :D
 
This last one is the largest i've ever found. Just stumped upon it on the surface while swinging the coil. I put it in a window frame with the other points from 2014 with a coin for size comparison.
IMG_20150429_223116508.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom