nice bank run with bonus

jonhls

Nov 10, 2006
Had to go to a neighboring town for garage sales last week so i hit the only bank in town.PIcked up 4 rolls of halves and firt roll i opened had 4 walkers...was best i have done in quite some time so i was very happy.Guy at next teller heard me asking about old coins and waited for me outside.said he had a collection he would like to get rid of.Well needless to say i followed him to his house.He told me the collection had been from someone on his exes side and he wanted to get rid of them.He had them appraised by a local auctioneer so he had a decent idea of thier value.I wanted the 6 barber halves and the silver dollars but had to buy the whole lot or nothing.Ended up with the 6 barbers the best of which is a 1899 o in ef 20,also got a 1934 and 35 peace and a few ratty looking morgans.Now for the bonus...there was a bunch of canadian coins that went with it including a 1950 silver dollar and 3 half dollars. The oldest of the halves is an 1888 they start out @100.00 for type 1 and i found one one e-bay type 2 for 1800.00.Anyone on here know anything about canadian coins,whats the differance between the types.I have bunch of other canadian coins i need to find value on,if anyone can help message me.........Also all the rest of the collection i am not keeping is on the non treasure related for sale board .will be there taking offers for few days then its off to e-bay with them. hh jon

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back