What's new

Nice begets nice

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2006
Messages
1,894
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
With all the banks / branches / credit unions I frequent, (and there are quite a few) I've always made a point to be genuinely friendly, attentive, appreciative and have more than casual conversations with the employees.

They seem to appreciate that, and as we all (should) know, tellers can either be your best allies; or your worst enemies.

I have benefited greatly over the last few years from tellers keeping their eyes open for me, and I reciprocate with candy and such, but today's event topped them all.

This morning, I stopped in to one of my "financial institutions" to dump some coin at the coin counter when one of the tellers taps me on the shoulder. He explained that his wife does charity work for the National Federation of the Blind and as a thank you from the chairperson, she was sent two 2009 Louis Braille Bicentennial Silver Dollar Proof coins. These are directly from the US Mint, each in the blue velvet boxes, the coin in the sealed plastic capsule with the Certificate of Authenticity card. The wife of this teller thought she would keep one of them, but wondered who would appreciate the other. This teller did not hesitate and said he has a customer at work (me) who he knows is an avid coin collector and would truly appreciate such a gift.

He was right, I was awestruck and I am now the proud owner of a 2009 Louis Braille Bicentennial Silver Dollar Proof coin.

http://www.silvercoinstoday.com/2009-braille-bicentennial-silver-dollars-prices-and-images/10733/

Again, nice begets nice.
 
Upvote 0
GREAT COIN AND STORY!! "nice begets nice" words that we all could learn from and put to good use in this forum.

Golden Silver
 
Very cool story, some tellers are like friends
 
Very nice teller there. You are correct, nice definitely begets nice. I have some tellers that get so excited when they can hand me the cool finds they have. They are also helpful and will call other tellers at other branches and check to see if they have any halves. There are also other tellers that can get down right angry when you come in. I just smile and move on. I won't give up on that bank though as these types are often the ones that get shown the door the quickest The next visit can pay off with a young and naive teller that hasn't yet learned the value of a roll of silver halves. :icon_thumright:

Maine_Jim
 
i've been wanting one of them since i first saw one when they first came out. cool coin :thumbsup:
 
mistergee said:
i've been wanting one of them since i first saw one when they first came out. cool coin :thumbsup:

I personally don't like the coin. I don't like the idea of a foreigner on American coin.
HH
Rich
 
Rich Hartford said:
mistergee said:
i've been wanting one of them since i first saw one when they first came out. cool coin :thumbsup:

I personally don't like the coin. I don't like the idea of a foreigner on American coin.
HH
Rich

Have to agree with you on that Rich. I will be picking up the Disabled Vet dollar that is coming out soon.
 
AGCoinHunter said:
Rich Hartford said:
mistergee said:
i've been wanting one of them since i first saw one when they first came out. cool coin :thumbsup:

I personally don't like the coin. I don't like the idea of a foreigner on American coin.
HH
Rich

Have to agree with you on that Rich. I will be picking up the Disabled Vet dollar that is coming out soon.

That's more like it ! I would actually purchase that one.
Rich
 
Rich Hartford said:
mistergee said:
i've been wanting one of them since i first saw one when they first came out. cool coin :thumbsup:

I personally don't like the coin. I don't like the idea of a foreigner on American coin.
HH
Rich
Do you feel the same way about the Columbus Commemorative half-dollar?
 
af1733 said:
Rich Hartford said:
mistergee said:
i've been wanting one of them since i first saw one when they first came out. cool coin :thumbsup:

I personally don't like the coin. I don't like the idea of a foreigner on American coin.
HH
Rich
Do you feel the same way about the Columbus Commemorative half-dollar?
Absolutely ! The only exception to the foreigners would be Pulaski, De Kalb, Von Steuben, Duportail, Du Motier etc.
Rich
 
Congratulations. Obviously you have been a good and caring customer for those folks, the title of this post couldn't have been more well stated! :icon_thumright:
 
Rich Hartford said:
af1733 said:
Rich Hartford said:
mistergee said:
i've been wanting one of them since i first saw one when they first came out. cool coin :thumbsup:

I personally don't like the coin. I don't like the idea of a foreigner on American coin.
HH
Rich
Do you feel the same way about the Columbus Commemorative half-dollar?
Absolutely ! The only exception to the foreigners would be Pulaski, De Kalb, Von Steuben, Duportail, Du Motier etc.
Rich
Well, if you ever run across one and just can't stand the sight of it, shoot me a PM and I'll take it off your hands for a fair price. :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom