Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP WS4 Wireless Headphones,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally had a day off after two brutal weeks on the roof. Decided to head out to the woods to do a little detecting and hopefully find some chanterelle mushrooms. Headed towards an area where I knew there was a path for 100 years that continued from a dead end street to the lake. Noticed a perfect Boulder to sit and take a rest. So I swung my coil in front of it. Low and behold 89-90. Sweet! Silver quarter I said. So I dig the plug and out pops a Rosie. Just new there had to be something else.. I checked the hole and and there it wAs. Not one, but two Silver quarters. Checked the hole once more and another Rosie. Couldn't believe it. A 4 silver hole. Also found 3 wheats, a 1952 Scranton rabies tag, 3 ring bullet. Great way to end two brutal weeks at work. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Upvote 33

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A four coin silver spill, Awesome!!

As Sweet as those coins are I'd be more excited about that rabies tag. Lol I was born in Srcanton and finding something like that would go in my special finds box.
One day I'd like to make a trip to Scranton and see if I can metal detect the house my dad grew up in.

Keep those Scranton finds coming...

DS, you aren't really Hillary Clinton, are you??

Very nice finds Will. You found as many silver coins in one hole as I have all year.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a cool spill, multiple silvers in the hole is such a thrill!

OP
OP
Nepa-Will

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A four coin silver spill, Awesome!!

As Sweet as those coins are I'd be more excited about that rabies tag. Lol I was born in Srcanton and finding something like that would go in my special finds box.
One day I'd like to make a trip to Scranton and see if I can metal detect the house my dad grew up in.

Keep those Scranton finds coming...

Thanks! I was actually stoked about the tag. I am starting to get enough old Scranton and Lackawanna dog tax and rabies tags to make a shadowbox. Can't wait to dig up a few more. Let me know when you are in Scranton if you want to meet up for a hunt.

OP
OP
Nepa-Will

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But no chanetrelles?? I checked one of my chanterelle spots yesterday too. Not yet. Oh Yeah....nice spill score!
Thanks! Unfortunately no. Got a couple pounds of blacks this season. A few goldens and cinnabars.

OP
OP
Nepa-Will

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent day to get two Silver Quarters and more ! Have you had a chance to detect much along that century old trail ?
or the lake area ?
Thanks! I have. I found a coin spill in that same area that had 3 barber dimes and a V Nickel And Shield nickel not long ago. image.jpg the other Barber and Indian were found in the same area. Also in a hole together.

OP
OP
Nepa-Will

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DS, you aren't really Hillary Clinton, are you??

Very nice finds Will. You found as many silver coins in one hole as I have all year.

Thanks OD. Gotta get our Kayaks out on the River and try a different approach. Looking forward to it. If we don't find anything. At least we'll have a great paddle

Congrats!
What did you take pics with?
Very clear on this end.
Peace ✌

Took them with My Kyocera Brigadier phone

Wow you just sat down to take a rest and find not one but four silver in one hole! Nice finds! Congrats! WTG!

...I must be trying too hard!
It was just a big rock that looked like someone would have used it to sit and rest, or tie a shoe or something. This area is full of copperheads. There will be no sitting for me. Lol

NEPAWILL SEE YOU GOT YOURSELF A BIG COIN SPILL . MUST HAVE BEEN HUNTING AROUND THE BATES MOTEL MANSION ON THE HILL , DEM TOKENS AND SMASHED BULLET TELL A STORY.

Lol! I think the area was used for hunting a lot. I find a bunch of round balls and ringed bullets. It was used as a scenic area since the 1890's. So finding tokens, old silver is common. A buddy and I have been detecting there on occasion for a couple seasons now with great success. But oh how I would love to find that site that has a crazy story.

Last edited:

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't stand snakes. I have some spots i have to wait until the snow melts and get in before the turkey season starts or it is covered in snakes. Sweet digs..

OP
OP
Nepa-Will

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't stand snakes. I have some spots i have to wait until the snow melts and get in before the turkey season starts or it is covered in snakes. Sweet digs..
I usually wait til the snow melts as well. Got some snakebite proof chaps for this season, but It doesn't make them any less scarier. I will still run like crazy. It's those damn rattlesnakes that I worry about most though. Never just one in a spot.

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro,Garrett 5x8, Nel Tornado / Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a nice pocket spill.

OP
OP
Nepa-Will

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes sir, that is a great way to end a long work haul, with a Haul of silver!!

good job!

How come the end of your long work hauls don't coordinate with the end of mine. Hopefully you, OD, and I can get out together by the fall.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How come the end of your long work hauls don't coordinate with the end of mine. Hopefully you, OD, and I can get out together by the fall.

that's because you are too good to come hang with us peons.....

lol itll be before then!

OP
OP
Nepa-Will

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's because you are too good to come hang with us peons.....

lol itll be before then!

This will be me and OD with our AT Pros strapped in heading towards them secret spots. We will yell across the river to you when we find something good. Lol
image.jpg

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like some of the silvers gathered themselves up for you while you were working so hard... I bet there is another congregation of them waiting for you somewhere else!!! Awesome... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Nepa-Will

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like some of the silvers gathered themselves up for you while you were working so hard... I bet there is another congregation of them waiting for you somewhere else!!! Awesome... :thumbsup:
Hopefully. Speaking of congregations. I have read some newspaper articles from the late 1800's and early 1900's of how churches would have congregations on the highest hilltops near their towns during certain times of the year. I have read that some had as many as 1500 people. I haven't been successful at finding any yet, but believe I have narrowed one down

in the same kayak? that's cute.!!!

:laughing7: now that is funny. Almost as funny as you wishing you could fit in there too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread