Nice conditioned Seated Half was surely worth the paddle !

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I Did my 50 min one way paddle out to my new site for my second hunt there . I did not wander as much as I did on my last hunt . I tried to concentrate on finding targets instead of more area . Though I did find another foundation there today !:hello2: I had a spectaular day if I must say so myself ! It was beautiful crossing the harbor today. I saw a lot of loons and shitpoke's fishing . I could see schools of herring or maybe awlwifes breaking the surface to escape the predators . . Then a harbor seal came up close to the kyak. That was cool ! It looked like they had good hunting ! I finished my paddle and it didn't take long before I had an Indian head under my coil ! Then another Indian and then I broke the silver barrier with a Mercury dime :headbang:. Good start I thought . ! next signal and I thought I had another Indian . It turned out to be an Army & Navy civil war token . Common token . I think this is my 6th one in seven years. Then i sniffed out the cuff button backmarked L & KENDELL * EXTRA * . A little ways from there and I pick up the Waturbury Button Co. General service button . Then I picked up another good silver signal and popped a 1906 D. Barber dime . I thought to myself I could get a dime trifecta if I could find a rosie or a seated ! I popped another indian about 15 mins later when about 8 feet from this I get a silver signal I know is not a dime ! Strong 0/30 signal showing at 9 inches down on the Explorer ! I almost pooped my pants ! Seated Half dollar !:hello2::headbang::hello2::headbang: 1876 S. Seated half dollar. In what looked like imaculate condition ! :icon_sunny:I stopped right there and took an insituation pic of my finds so far and texted it to my cousin .The Half was found in a very fortunate sandy loamy location as you can see from the first Iphone PICS. 10 minutes or so later I thought I had another big silver coin ! A strong 2/29 showing 6 inches down on the SE PRO . It turned out to be a coin silver spoon made by Farrington & Hunnewell BOSTON :headbang::hello2:. Silversmiths who were in bussiness from 1835 -1885 . I was running out of time when I got a faint 2/27 reading showing 8 inches down . . I could not believe how my luck was running ! 1858 O. Seated dime to complete my Trifecta ! I was a happy Paddler today I am here To say ! MaineRelic

Attachments

• IMG_0478-001.JPG
    IMG_0478-001.JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_0077-001.JPG
    IMG_0077-001.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0079-001.JPG
    IMG_0079-001.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0084-001.JPG
    IMG_0084-001.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0080-001.JPG
    IMG_0080-001.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0081-001.JPG
    IMG_0081-001.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0083-001.JPG
    IMG_0083-001.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0085-001.JPG
    IMG_0085-001.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0479-001.JPG
    IMG_0479-001.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 161
Upvote 22

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, great finds, good work. I'm selling out and moving to Maine!

goldbill

May 6, 2009
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites v3 deus v4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow DAVID. I can imagine some fellow with a telescope back an the mainland saying to his wife ".Elsie Some fellow has been weedwacking the seaweed over there and now he's doing cartwheels all over the place ." outstanding day Bill

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a great result you had on your second visit to the site, congrats on the beautiful looking half as well as the other nice find.

Do you just strap the machine to the kayak, or break it down and store it away?

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day on the silver MR!! I have no trouble digging Spanish silver, but I find the seated silver very elusive. That seated half is a beauty and the dime trifecta is a nice accomplishment.

OP
OP
MaineRelic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap brother! Are you kidding me with those finds in one hunt. That is just incredible. Congrats bud. It always feels so good to put in some effort to get to a site then have a killer day. Bet you can't wait to get back there. Wow wow wow
Thanks Abe ! It is not a Pine Tree Shilling LOL but I am happy with my results yesterday ! Gonna get back out there sometime this week ! MaineRelic

I-DIG-IT

Silver Member
Mar 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs. I would paddle for that without a paddle.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, you definitely got on a hot spot, sounds like it was worth the paddle indeed, especially with all the beautiful sites you observed along the way!

Awesome hunt sir!!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Abe ! It is not a Pine Tree Shilling LOL but I am happy with my results yesterday ! Gonna get back out there sometime this week ! MaineRelic
hey bud that's a hell of a day! I would be damn excited to get back there. Some of my best hunts have come after a long paddle. Glad it worked out for you. And you have made some pretty incredible finds in your illustrious career lol

OP
OP
MaineRelic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
incredible condition!
that "B" thing looks like it could be a Boston Red Sox emblem.
Hey HWC ! I am right there with you on the "B" emblem being a Red Sox Emblem. I am now starting to research it now ! I found very little modern clad on this site . So I am hoping that the emblem is from the 1918 World Series championship that the Sox won that year ! I think I will Post it in what is it ! MaineRelic

OP
OP
MaineRelic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great result you had on your second visit to the site, congrats on the beautiful looking half as well as the other nice find.

Do you just strap the machine to the kayak, or break it down and store it away?
Hey Pepper ! I do not break down my machine ! I place the control box end into a dry bag and shove it coil end first up into the front of the Kyak . still plenty of room for my feet to rest on the foot braces ! MaineRelic

OP
OP
MaineRelic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day on the silver MR!! I have no trouble digging Spanish silver, but I find the seated silver very elusive. That seated half is a beauty and the dime trifecta is a nice accomplishment.
Thanks Steve ! I have had my best year ever on Seated coins this year even missing a lot of time digging time due to injuries and health problems . It is so much fun getting older :tongue3: Not ! MaineRelic

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh what fun, and a pile of silver to boot.
The half is a beauty.

OP
OP
MaineRelic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, you definitely got on a hot spot, sounds like it was worth the paddle indeed, especially with all the beautiful sites you observed along the way!

Awesome hunt sir!!
Thanks Cjon , I was needing to have a good outing ! I have been out of action for a while ! It felt good to have a productive hunt ! MaineRelic

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man what a sweet silver haul but that Seated Half is an extremely fortunate find to get ! Such fine condition it is in too =) What a great day, hope to have one even close, have only found one seated coin myself and it was a dime. It is extremely difficult to find anything seated out here. What is that small ornate silver thing?

OP
OP
MaineRelic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man what a sweet silver haul but that Seated Half is an extremely fortunate find to get ! Such fine condition it is in too =) What a great day, hope to have one even close, have only found one seated coin myself and it was a dime. It is extremely difficult to find anything seated out here. What is that small ornate silver thing?
Thanks Relic The seated half now has a prominent spot in my coin book ! MR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread