What's new

Nice creek walk today.

Blackfoot58

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2023
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
15,857
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I picked up about 3 pounds of misc rocks for polishing. A lot of nice white and clear translucent pieces (not shown) and fossils (see Fossils forum). The 3 shown aren’t much, but I entertain easily. 2 pcs of chert that I believe are Burlington Flint. These 2 have a lot of gray and tan, while most of my flint is white. Maybe this is staining or a variation. I had to include the rock on the right. It looks for all the world like a very small heel insert for a tiny shoe (from both sides).
Now I’m not a wacko, but this is approaching the “magical” time of year. The time of elves, and hopes and dreams. You can bet my grandkids will see this item and hear a story. They are only little once! 🕊️
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2509.webp
    IMG_2509.webp
    857.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2510.webp
    IMG_2510.webp
    1 MB · Views: 68

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom