What's new

Nice Find Today - 1923 S Centennial Commemorative Half

Mentone Grizz

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2007
Messages
452
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
I found this interesting 1923 S Monroe Doctrine Centennial Coin in a box today! 90% silver in composition, the coin was controversial when it came out because of the sinuously-posed female figures holding a tree branch between them on the reverse, representing the continents of North and South Americas. Only 274,000 were minted.
- Grizz
 

Attachments

  • Monroe_f.webp
    Monroe_f.webp
    10.4 KB · Views: 336
  • Monroe_r.webp
    Monroe_r.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 341
Upvote 0
Oh yeah, I can see the female figures.
Cool find :thumbsup:
 
That's one interesting coin. WTG :thumbsup:
 
Congrats. I'm still waitin for my old silver commem. Nice coin, HH Mark
 
Sweet find - I can't wait to find a commemorative from a box!!!!! :thumbsup:
 
Wow thats one different type of find! WTG! :thumbsup: ;D :icon_study: :icon_sunny: :icon_jokercolor: :icon_king: :coffee2:
 
Nice Grizz, that is a awesome find ... nice looking comm. with low mintage nice :icon_pirat:, Ed
 
NICE FIND!

I collect commemerative coins, if you ever want to sell/trade let me know!

Thanks

Michael
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom