Fropa
Hero Member
- Joined
- Feb 27, 2007
- Messages
- 511
- Reaction score
- 29
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- SW Wisconsin
- Detector(s) used
- Whites XLT
I took my mom out to lunch for her birthday last Friday. Had to drive about 1 1/2 hours to meet her through an area I hadn't CRHed before. I stopped in 3 small town along the interstate.
1st town had 1 bank they were very happy to sell me the bag off their counting machine with $60.50 that had 1x68-D.
Next town had 2 banks. 1st had 3 rolls but would only sell me 2, no keepers. 2nd bank thanked me for taking the bag from their machine that had $203.50. Actually had $202.02 with 1x65, 2x67, 1x69-D, and 2 cents.
The last little town had 1 bank that again thanked me for taking all the halves from the counting machine. $229 and a skunk.
After eating and spending some time with my mom I went to several more banks in the town we met in. In total I stopped at 13 banks/credit unions. 4 had no halves, 5 sold me the bags from their counting machines, and 2 sold me large numbers of Fed rolls.
In total I bought $1,968.50 in halves. I found 1x64-d, 2x65, 2x66, 9x67, 3x68-D, 3x69-D, 1x86-S, 1x04-D, 1xSBA dollar, 2 cents, and 1 1978 Irish 10P. Not a huge hall but it was a nice trip with every stop having tellers happy to sell any halves they had and thanking me for taking them. I think the area is very minimally CRHed. There is a larger city basically connected to this town so I'll be heading back to see if they are equally unhunted.
Todays box had 2x67 and a 91-S proof.
1st town had 1 bank they were very happy to sell me the bag off their counting machine with $60.50 that had 1x68-D.
Next town had 2 banks. 1st had 3 rolls but would only sell me 2, no keepers. 2nd bank thanked me for taking the bag from their machine that had $203.50. Actually had $202.02 with 1x65, 2x67, 1x69-D, and 2 cents.
The last little town had 1 bank that again thanked me for taking all the halves from the counting machine. $229 and a skunk.
After eating and spending some time with my mom I went to several more banks in the town we met in. In total I stopped at 13 banks/credit unions. 4 had no halves, 5 sold me the bags from their counting machines, and 2 sold me large numbers of Fed rolls.
In total I bought $1,968.50 in halves. I found 1x64-d, 2x65, 2x66, 9x67, 3x68-D, 3x69-D, 1x86-S, 1x04-D, 1xSBA dollar, 2 cents, and 1 1978 Irish 10P. Not a huge hall but it was a nice trip with every stop having tellers happy to sell any halves they had and thanking me for taking them. I think the area is very minimally CRHed. There is a larger city basically connected to this town so I'll be heading back to see if they are equally unhunted.
Todays box had 2x67 and a 91-S proof.
Upvote
0







