What's new

Nice Silver in the Coinstar Machine

Joined
Oct 5, 2014
Messages
31,916
Reaction score
35,440
Golden Thread
1
Location
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Everyone,

With it "raining cats and dogs" I knew detecting was out for today. So, I decided to visit two thrift shops looking for some Silver and Gold...…Nothing. I thought now my only hope is the Coinstar machine in two of the locations I frequently visit. The first place…nothing, but the second had a small handful of coins that were quickly scooped up and placed in my pocket for inspection in the car.

Today’s take a 1951 silver quarter, two Canadian coins and two Lincoln cents.

Thank you for looking.

GL & HH

Doc

04_16_2018 Coinstar.webp
 
Professor,great scoop from coinstar with that silver quarter.My last pluck was a clad dime and one penny.
 
How does this work. Do you ask someone to open if for you? I've wanted to try this since I accidentally got an Ike last year when the lady gave me the dirty coins.
 
You have to check the overflow/reject tray...That is where I find the coins. :icon_thumleft:

Luck, if there is such a thing, means getting to the machine if coins are in the tray before someone else does. :occasion14:
 
Way to hit it!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny
 
Yeah it was coming down ! I watched the Boston Marathon (tv) and those competitors were taking a cold shower pretty much the whole way ! Nice score .
 
Another save!!!!:occasion14:
 
Nice grab PRO. They took the coin star out of my Kroger store.???
 
Nice finds! Make up for the rainy day.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom