Nice storm washout!

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Met up with a big name within the detecting community, Chicago Ron, and we worked a beach, later to be joined by his detecting partner Mark. This was a great opportunity to test my skills against some of the best md'ers out there. As I was walking onto the beach, Ron tossed up a ring, and yes, it was gold. I thought to myself, "Damn this guy is good, I hope I can hang." A few minutes later, another one, and then another. 3 gold rings within the first hour. Due to the conditions on this beach, took note on Ron's swing speed and slowed myself down to snail speed. We were digging Identical junk targets, so I knew I was on the right track to getting something good...just have to swing my coil over it. Shortly later, I walked up to Ron as he was pinpointing and dropped my first gold of the day in from of him. Fist bumped and on we went. (Look for his video of our hunt on YouTube soon: http://www.youtube.com/user/chicagoron61 ). The goods kept popping out for everyone, including some silver coins, V's and buffs and other stuff. Mark did very good as well, and they offered some great tips too. Thanks guys! It was fun hunting with you guys, and am looking forward to the next time. Be sure to check out his videos once they get posted on his YouTube account to see all of the gold and silver we found.

Totals for me were: 5 gold rings, silver bracelet, 3 maybe 4 silver rings(still have to clean it), 1 or 2 junk rings, piece of silver jewelry, and a couple junk pendants. Still have to dig out another silver pendant I dug. Also got a war nickel, merc, rosie, and have to check the other coins too. Might have some more silver in the pouch. For size reference, the ring with the "S" on it fits on my thumb.

I was happy with my results, and feel much more confident in my hunting style now. Ended up fairing pretty well hunting with these guys. Also a confidence booster.
Enjoy and HH.

Attachments

• gold:silver.JPG
    gold:silver.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 876
  • gold:silver.JPG
    gold:silver.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 863
Upvote 0

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic hunting, L4S! :headbang:

Beautiful finds!

Lorraine

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say is WOW.... :icon_thumright: Looks like a great hunt for everyone. No matter how much we hunt there is always room to learn something new. I got 5 gold in Ft. Lauderdale a while back so I know you are on cloud 9 right now. Confidence is a huge part of detecting. I feel like I'm gonna find something good every time I go out there. WTG :icon_pirat:

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job Lookin4Seated on the sweet keepers. Hunting
with top notch people kinda makes you re-evaluate your
hunting style doesn't it. Good teachers to learn from for sure.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

Chicago Ron

Apr 12, 2005
In the Lake in Chicago
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-trac, Excaliber II, GPX-5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunting with you John. Just posted the video #32 beach cut bonanza 2, part 2

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:o WoW! What a dream hunt. Congratulations from an envious MD'r in New York! :notworthy:

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a score!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread