Nice suprise found in the park

Wheezy

Dec 21, 2006
Jacksonville Florida
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Prizm V
Hello all! Sorry for the late post. These were actually found yesterday.
I took my son, Zach up to a tucked away, quaint little park where I used to take him for walks when he was a baby. It’s more of a nature walk really, with benches along the way for fat old dads, like me, to sit and rest during our walks. It's really not the kind of place were I thought I would find anything other than clad but it just goes to show you, that you can not judge a place by its looks.

Well, I found a little clad, a lot of trash, and more pull tabs than I would have ever imagined for this location. But I also had a nice little “golden” surprise.

It showed up as: VDI=+25 5¢, Ring\ on my MXT. Well, I’ve had a pretty good run on nickels here lately and I figured, “Why should it stop here?” When I first saw it, it was packed with dirt and I thought it was a little brass ball bearing.
Needless to say it wasn’t.
It’s awful small in ring size, but it’s really wide. As you can see it’s 14k.
I’m going to put this one away and tag it, as my first for 2007.
Maybe one day, 30 or 40 years form now; when my seven year old looks at it, he’ll remember the day when he and his dad found it.

Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

Wheezy

Attachments

• Feb_17_Green_Park.JPG
    Feb_17_Green_Park.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 1,275
  • 14k_Ring_021707.JPG
    14k_Ring_021707.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,275
  • 14k_Ring_.JPG
    14k_Ring_.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 1,257
Upvote 0
That IS some "fat" gold Wheezy....Congrat's out to you and your Son.....HH!!

Congrats! Tsgman

W,

very nice find; makes for a good day detecting ;D

Nice, going out with the boy.

have a good un........................

Wow what a great day you had, detecting with your son, Priceless!

I really like the Gold ring. It almost looks like a Sears & Roebuck ring from 1904. I found a couple that look almost like yous. Just a thought. Believe it or not, back then a 14K gold ring sold for around $1. Just think what gold is worth now.

Again, neat find! HH and keep the coil to the soil. Ringfinder

Congratulations!!!

That's why I like to find lots of nickels. Nickels and gold rings seem to like to hang out together. ;)

Great job!

Ridley

I'm sure Zach will remember that find for a long time to come. I can imagine the excitement you two felt when it popped up its golden little arch from the clod. But the neatest thing of all about your hunt... parent and son spending quality time together. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back