What's new

Nicest Flat button Ive found, sm buckle, others

kevo

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2007
Messages
417
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Louisville, Kentucky
Nicest Flat button I've found, sm buckle, others

So I decided I was going to try an empty lot on my grandfathers road in washington county, ky and was there for about an hour. There was soooo much trash so I decided to drive another hour and a half to go back to the old farm that I have been hunting. First let me tell you...I have been detecting so much that my right hand hurts from holding the handle for so long. It's like making a fist and holding it there for days. It's terrible. >:( In washington county I managed to find a merc (worse condition I've even found one in), 2 buff nickels (not pictured-non-readable), 8 wheaties, and my oldest dog tag yet (1920). Two wheats are 1918 and one is 1914. When I got back to the old farm I spent the rest of the day there and was a little disappointed. As soon as I got there I tried an area I haven't hit yet. It is a recently plowed field and within 5 min I found my first decorated flat button, not to mention I noticed a 4 leaf clover :thumbsup:. So far at this site I've found about 20 flat buttons, but this is the first with any type of design, so I thought that was neat. I thought I was going to find a ton of stuff, but it turns out I just started lucky. I found an old utensil handle, a small buckle of some sort which reads "Pat 1856", a piece of metal that says "Here is your Malor", a very bent flat button, a face carved out of lead maybe??, and a couple small bullets possibly? I don't know what the little round thing is, but it sets my detector off and reads as a dime. ANY ideas?? Lot of Pics
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0773.webp
    DSCN0773.webp
    33.1 KB · Views: 313
  • DSCN0765.webp
    DSCN0765.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 308
  • DSCN0773.webp
    DSCN0773.webp
    33.1 KB · Views: 306
  • DSCN0783.webp
    DSCN0783.webp
    25 KB · Views: 307
  • DSCN0782.webp
    DSCN0782.webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 310
  • DSCN0778.webp
    DSCN0778.webp
    37.5 KB · Views: 303
  • DSCN0773.webp
    DSCN0773.webp
    33.1 KB · Views: 317
  • DSCN0769.webp
    DSCN0769.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 312
  • DSCN0768.webp
    DSCN0768.webp
    35 KB · Views: 307
  • DSCN0760.webp
    DSCN0760.webp
    45.4 KB · Views: 301
  • DSCN0759.webp
    DSCN0759.webp
    89.8 KB · Views: 305
  • DSCN0755.webp
    DSCN0755.webp
    74 KB · Views: 314
  • DSCN0775.webp
    DSCN0775.webp
    22 KB · Views: 304
Upvote 0
Re: Nicest Flat button I've found, sm buckle, others

Sorry, I put the same picture in twice. I meant to add this one. I am guessing it's just garbage but it was blowing my headphones off. Any ideas? Thanks for the help!
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0780.webp
    DSCN0780.webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 302
Re: Nicest Flat button I've found, sm buckle, others

Here are the other pics. Obviously it's bed time for me because I don't post for crap tonight. :coffee2:
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0777.webp
    DSCN0777.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 299
  • DSCN0789.webp
    DSCN0789.webp
    25 KB · Views: 296
Re: Nicest Flat button I've found, sm buckle, others

Wheaties from the teens . . . I would have to revisit that location several times. Nice hunt! :)
 
Re: Nicest Flat button I've found, sm buckle, others

Nice finds Kevo,

That flat button is a real nice one.

HH Jer
 
Re: Nicest Flat button I've found, sm buckle, others

Nice finds the buttons look to be very old possibly pre-1850. Some of the old dog tags are collectable and worth some $$$. I would go back and hunt that site some.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom