What's new

Nickel bag searched - 2010-10-16

ArkhamHouse

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2010
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
My local credit union will allow me to buy filled ($200) nickel bags from the counting machine. It seems that this is a rare concession, as no other bank I have asked will allow me to do so. One teller at a different credit union actually told me that it was "illegal".

This bag was not stellar, but it was interesting. I found the following:

1939 (2), 1940, 1940-D, 1941 (3), 1941-D, 1941-S (2), 1942-P (type 2), 1946, 1946-D, 1947, 1947-D, 1951-S, 1952-D, 1952-S, 1953-D, 1954, 1954-D (2), 1956-D, 1957, 1958-D (4), 1959-D (3).

Also the following:

Eleven Mexico One New Pesos: 1992, 1993 (2), 1996 (2), 1999, 2000, 2001 (3), 2003.

1998 Canada five cents.

Three damaged US cents.

A damaged US quarter.

A broken silver ring.

The 1951-S nickel was only the second I have found in over 60,000 nickels. The 1952-S is lustrous about uncirculated, and a major upgrade. There was one each of the 1941-S small and large mint mark.

My goal in searching nickel rolls is to assemble a complete set 1938-1961. I now lack the following:

1938-D, 1938-S, 1939-D, 1939-S, 1944-S, 1945-D, 1945-S, 1950-D.

Thanks for all the great posts and happy hunting.


-Arkham House
 
Upvote 0
Nice! Those '51S nickels have been few and far between, for me.
I like that she told you selling the bags was "illegal" lol
 
2 War nickles! those are my favorite. I have never bought a bag. Illegal? LOL. Go figure!

Hope you quadruple your next haul 10 times over!

apush :read2:
 
Good score :thumbsup:
HH..Miner
 
I expect you'll find a 45S next. It isn't terribly difficult to uncover.
 
DrDetector said:
I expect you'll find a 45S next. It isn't terribly difficult to uncover.

Yes, I expect you are right. The three War nickels should be relatively easy to find, after that, it gets ugly with the 1938-D, 1938-S, 1939-D, 1939-S, 1950-D. Some years ago, the 1939-S was easy.

Thanks to all.


-Arkham House
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom