What's new

Nickel Dump!!!!!!!

Rosco53

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2018
Messages
720
Reaction score
1,749
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
nickel dump 11.5.18.webp
Thats what I'm calling it, at least. 1 bag: 3 buffalo and 4(1) Liberty nickels!

S20181105_0012.webpS20181105_0011.webp
S20181105_0014.webpS20181105_0013.webp
S20181105_0016.webpS20181105_0015.webp
S20181105_0018.webpS20181105_0017.webp

S20181105_0004.webpS20181105_0002.webp
S20181105_0007.webpS20181105_0005.webp
S20181105_0010.webpS20181105_0008.webp

Saw the stars on the Liberty and was quite excited, then pulled a buffalo...annnd then another, and then another Liberty. Quite happy with this, though now I have a question: should I try to clean off the adhesive, and if so, what would work best. I had used acetone on a few pennies, but it didn't work that well, and I REALLY don't want to damage these! Thanks for any advice & happy hunting!
 
Upvote 0
When I clean any coins, I just put them in a size able Rx bottle with a few drops of DAWN LIQUID SOAP add hot water, shake, put on the side for 2-3 days (shake every now and then during this period) rinse with hot water, pat dry with paper cloth or napkin. It removes a lot of that greasy film on the coins, try first on some pocket change to see the effect.
 
I would try boiling one in plain tap water to see if that would remove the adhesive.
First though, I would try boiling a common Jefferson just to be sure that the tap water is not corrosive or discoloring.
 
Appreciate the input guys! Also, finished the other 2 bags I got, 4 War Nickels (43P, 44P, 54P/S) in the 2nd bag and these in the 3rd:
S20181105_0025.webpS20181105_0024.webp
S20181105_0028.webpS20181105_0027.webp
S20181105_0022.webpS20181105_0021.webp

Won't lie, the token got my hopes up a little, saw the bottom of the eagle, was hoping it was something old... Up to 20 total Buffaloes found in 95 bags now. 2nd bag every with more than 1 buffalo. May have to hit up the 2nd branch today before they close... Happy Hunting Everyone!
 
Go with the acetone, you aren’t going to to ruin or devalue them.....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom