Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
today I went to the park and totally IGNORED everything BUT nickel range signals.
I dug everything from 01-12 to 14-17 range. This is the range I get most nickels. I dug for 90 minutes and have never dug this many nickels in such a short period. I am bound to get gold if I keep this up!

I got a 1936 buffalo
2 silver war nickels
1942, and 46 Jefferson
a "blue" nickel....lol no idea on that.. :laughing9:
and 10 more asst yr jeffersons

today I really watched my screen, I have a hard time hearing the difference of nickel signals VS lower conductors like foil. To me it is not that big of a difference like from a penny to a silver coin. So I paid close attention to the numbers today, trying hard for nickels.

War nickel number 1, was 08-17, and the 2nd one was 12-16. War nickels are always a bit higher for me than other nickels. The buffalo was 08-14, the two 40's Jeffersons were 01-12, and 04-13.

Some of the newer shallower nickels were 12-13, but MOST of my nickels are NOT 12-12, or 12-13, they are always crazy signals. So I opened my disc up a LOT around the nickel area to accept anything even close. The e-trac is a nickel magnet for sure, but if your only digging 12-12 or 12-13, for nickels your MISSING a ton of 5 centers! Old parks are literally loaded with nickels, I'd say it is say to say they are the most abundant old coin left because VERY few hunters dig those signals.

Attachments

• DSC01161.JPG
    DSC01161.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 495
  • DSC01162.JPG
    DSC01162.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 497
Upvote 0
nice buff n silver!!!! MR TUFF

Nice group of nickles, Terry. At least you are finding some older coins.........better than a "skunk day" anyday. That Buff with a clear date is in good shape. Take care and cool. Ron

The last time I found a blue nickel.........wait Ive never found a blue nickel. :tongue3:

Nice work man, thats a success everyday...Those colored coins show up in my plugs sometimes also, I recently dug several solid Red clad Quarters ???

he's just blue about monetary inflation. he aint worth a nickel these days.

the blue one is painted, no idea why?

Outstanding job G4E!
High 5. ;D :icon_thumleft:
-MM-

i can't find silver nickels anywhere! I'm gonna have to try a nickel day tomorrow now.

good diggin'

on the dfx if the number is 15-20 and it has a smooth sound theres a good chance its a nickle. nice hunt. willy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back